Chapter 1: Our Story

Start from the beginning

He sat on the chair and before Mizuki could sit beside him, he pulled her over so that she was resting on his lap. She let out a squeak as he laughed tenderly.

"There's like three other chairs that I could sit on..." She pointed out.

"And?" He retorted back.

Mizuki giggled, cupping his face so that she could kiss him. He embraced her, leaning up so that their lips tangled with one another. She was so warm and full of light, and he loved that about her.

"Don't forget," She murmured breathlessly as their lips parted, "We have to attend your boss' birthday party tonight."

Kei grimaced, "I don't want to go to that."

"You promised him!" She laughed, "Besides, your other co-workers will be there too."

He sighed as he shook his head, "Fine. Only for like an hour though."

"Oh?" Mizuki grinned, "Do you have other plans tonight?"

Kei smirked arrogantly, his hands lightly squeezing her thigh, "I have one or two things I could do tonight."

She rolled her eyes playfully and picked up a fork, "Before you get any ideas, let's eat."

As the two ate breakfast together, they talked and laughed, not realizing just how much (and how quickly) their lives were about to change.

~

"Hey, so how did you two meet?!" One of Kei's co-workers asked giddily.

"Oh..." Mizuki blushed, "It's a long story..."

"We have lots of time!" She exclaimed, wriggling her eyebrows.

Currently, Kei and Mizuki were in his boss' house, along with his co-workers and a few other people they didn't quite know. They were mingling in the kitchen and judging from Kei's exhausted expression, Mizuki knew he was about to run out of his "socializing batteries".

"Tsukishima Mizuki!" Kei's boss waved frantically, "Are you excited for the Olympics?! I know I am!"

Kei sighed - his boss was an annoyingly huge volleyball fan. There was a part of Kei that believed that he only got hired because he was married to Mizuki and that a lot of his friends (like Kageyama, Hinata, and Bokuto) were professional volleyball players.

"Yes, I am," Mizuki nodded politely, "I leave for Tokyo in a week to start early training..."

Kei's boss gasped sharply, "Does that mean you won't be around?! How am I supposed to discuss strategies with you?!"

"I'm sure you'll find a way..." Kei muttered under his breath.

"What was that, Tsukishima?" He turned around, eyeing him suspiciously.

Kei smiled as fakely as he could, looping his arm around Mizuki's waist.

"I said, I'll be sure to pass your messages along to Mizuki when she's in Tokyo." He lied nonchalantly, causing her to stifle her laughter.

"That would be great!" He nodded eagerly.

"Right..." Kei cleared his throat, "Anyways, we should get going-"

"Not before you tell us the story of how you first both met!" One of his co-workers exclaimed.

Mizuki chuckled nervously, "I-I don't know..."

"If I tell you all how we met, can we leave after?" Kei asked casually.

Her eyes widened, alarmed by her husband's statement. She didn't want him to get in trouble by saying that!