Four: Hitting Rock Bottom

All things considered, it wasnt a surprise that when Luce finally found Sally Martin, she was giving Cassie Blake a crash course in Volunteering 101. The brunette never seemed to stop attracting admirers using her unique ability to attract volunteers with a flash of her dazzling smile. The bright-eyed new girl was no match for the charm of Sally Martin.

Luce found herself tapping a blue pen against her clipboard as she approached the duo.

Hey, Sally? She flipped through her pages searching. Were having some trouble with the lights for the dance floor--,

What? Sallys eyes grew wide before reverting back and composing herself. Okay -- um -- can you call the electrician to come and take a look?

Already did, she smiled, waving the phone call notes triumphantly in the air.. Well, more like the president of the AV Club since there isnt really a budget for an electrician. Hell be here in 5 minutes. Allison at the south entry is already on the lookout for him and will shoot us a text when he gets here. Just thought I should let you know.

Good -- great -- thanks, Luce could feel the relief oozing from Sally as the girls shoulders visibly dropped from their coiled stance by her ears.

Sally pulled out her phone and punched at the buttons nervously. This fundraiser was her baby. If anything went seriously wrong, Luce was sure the student body president would be found in a puddle with clumps of hair clutched in her fists.

The tall brunette didnt linger on the topic long as her eyes fixated on the blonde beside Sally and swifty held out her hand.

Hi, you must be Cassie Blake. Im Luce Carreno, the blonde happily took her hand and smiled. the Vice to Sallys Presidency.

Nice to meet you. There was a sparkle to Cassies eye that hadnt been there when Faye approached her earlier. Its great to finally meet people that dont seem out to ruin my life already.

Luces lips quirked as she let out a breathy chuckle.

Let me guess, you met Faye and Melissa, didnt you? Cassies eyes widened with a swift nod of her head. Dont let her nice girl act fool you. Shes a bitch, and thatll never change.

I can see that.

The two shared a smile before Sally finally looked up from her phone.

Alright. We should probably go ahead and show Cassie how to sell tickets before the electrician gets here.

She can start in the Boathouse -- Luce could see beginning to regrow upon Sallys face --bound to be some happy takers there.

***

The dance floor had finally opened up once the Michael -- President of the AV Club -- had finally found the problem. People had immediately started to swarm the lit up section of the boardwalk once music could be heard floating down the coastline.

When Luce spotted Faye, it was because the lights had begun to flicker accompanied by the sound of distant thunder. Sally had immediately pulled out her phone to text Michael, but stopped once Luce pointed her toward the confrontation happening a few feet from them.

The duo made their way over to the bickering duo -- just barely managing to dodge past all of the sweaty, dancing carnival goers.

Hey! Whats going on? Sally was the first to attempt and break the tension much to Fayes obvious annoyance.

Not now, Sally.

Yes, now, Faye. The shorter brunette dropped her arms to her side abruptly. I am so sick of your superiority complex.

Luce was quick to nudge Cassie toward Sally and wedge herself between Faye as she approached.

Why dont you just go with Sally and Ill talk some sense into Fay--

She stopped her sentence as Faye grabbed a hold of her.

Cassie and I werent done talking. she growled. So why dont you just scram.

Sally was getting really fed up now as she yanked Fayes arm away from her Vice President.

"Back off, Faye!"

"No! You. Go. Away!" Faye was quick to bring her arm up and push Sally back. You go away.

Before Luce could stop the fight from escalating further. Sally had been thrown off her feet and had gone flying over the railing behind them. The dark-haired girl rushed toward the broken fencing leaving a frozen Faye behind as Cassie followed a few paces behind her.

The two peered over the side of the open deck and could stop the gasps that escaped them.

Down below them, Sally Martin lay motionless atop a pile of jagged rocks.

***************************************

3/8/21 : Sorry this isn't a new chapter, I forgot I had already posted it and decided to edit it before "posting it" so now this is an edited version.... ooppsss. New contents soon. Promise.

Sorry it seems my chapters are getting shorter and shorter. Promise that once the circle is bound and Luce has truly introduced herself, there will be longer chapters. There just isn't enough for her to be apart of yet.