sick humor (sokka)

This is a request from @RainyDay1731! I hope you enjoy it!

"Could you do a Sokka oneshot taking place when Sokka and katara are sick in the cave? maybe the reader is immune to the sickness and stays to care for them while Aang is off looking for the frogs?"'

Hey y'all! Revising this in 2024. It has certainly been a while. I wrote this when I was a teenager, but now I am fixing it as I'm older now. 

All characters are aged 18+. We will assume the series takes place when Aang and the others are older. Minors DNI. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sokka groaned loudly, throwing his head back against Appa's leg. "Kotaraaaa...." Sokka keeled  over, playing with the dirt on the floor a little. "What, Sokka?" She asked with curiosity. He smiled smugly and in the goofiest way before just rolling over to go back to bed. Katara rolled her eyes, "Yeah, you're definitely sick." You stifled a laugh, shaking your head. What a dork. 

Katara and Aang exchanged worried glances, looking at the clearly hallucinating Sokka. Aang sighed, "He definitely is!" He shook his head, petting Momo's back before looking back to his lumpy form in the bean bag. You shook your head yet again, watching him trace the lines on his palm before muttering, "You will have a life with gold and riches!" You laughed a little, looking at his delirium. 

"We should probably try to find some medicine for him-" Katara barely finished her sentence as she began to profusely cough, covering her mouth with her fist. You glanced at Katara, frowning softly. "Katara, you're just as sick as him. You need to stay back. We wouldn't want you getting me sick, either."

Aang sighed, nodding in agreement. "Yeah, we can't have you tagging along and getting so sick you can't walk." You nodded in agreement, "I'll go with you, Aang. The two of us can find medicine faster that way." However, Aang shook his head. 

"I'll go alone. Someone needs to look after Katara and Sokka. Momo can't!" You tried to protest, but realized very quickly that disapproval would do little to nothing to help. You sighed, rubbing the back of your neck. "Alright... I'll stay. Good luck, Aang! Stay safe!" Aang nodded, flashing a smile before trying his glider, then finding very quickly that it wouldn't work. He set out on foot, leaving the three alone together with the two family pets. You turned to Katara, sighing. "I'll get you guys some water, you both really need it. Come on, Momo!" Momo chirped, hopping onto your shoulder. You always loved when he tagged along. 

"Take this canteen, go to the river, and fill it up. That should be good for now." Katara explained, handing the canteen to you. You took it without hesitation, nodding. "Keep an eye on Sokka for me." You smiled, glancing back at the goofy grinning boy. He flailed his arms around, "Wait! Don't forget...!" He pouted, then looking over to you. "Why is Momo... charging Appa?" You raised a brow, waving him off. "I'm going to grab some water for you two, okay? Sit tight." You walked over to Sokka, leaning down and kissing his forehead before grabbing your bag, leaving. Katara eyed you for a minute, smirking to herself. She knew what was up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When you came back from fetching the water, you gave it to Sokka first, who needed it the most. "Here Sokka, drink up." You handed him the canteen, sitting down next to him. Sokka began to furiously gulp the water, making you instinctively jump up, taking it from him. "Sokka! Not all of it! Katara needs some, too!" You furrowed your brows, huffing softly. Sokka began to screech like Momo, trying to get the canteen back. "Give it back, you cabbage-slug!" Boy was he defensive! You snickered a little bit, sticking out your tongue. The satisfaction of winning was phenomenal. "No, Katara needs some too." You walked over to Katara, handing her the canteen. 

Katara took it, thanking you. As she sipped the water, she groggily spoke, "So, you seem to be crushing on Sokka, huh?" You stopped abruptly, your face flushed brightly. "What?! I haven't even done anything remotely romantic towards him!" Katara smirked, crossing her arms over her chest. "Before you left to get water, you kissed his head. I've seen this before. Back when we were kids, a girl at the water tribe fell in love with Sokka. She wouldn't stop fawning over him, but you're more subtle than that. Until, you kissed his forehead. " You blushed more, narrowing your brows at her. "Okay...? And so what if I did!" Katara chuckled, shaking her head before taking another sip, staying quiet. From across the cave, Sokka called out again, "Appa, I love wraps. What did you say about wraps, Kotara?" You and Katara rolled their eyes. "He's delirious." Katara only nodded in agreement. "He keeps calling me 'Kotara'." 

She quickly groaned her face sweaty and hot, "Ugh, where is Aang? I feel like we're getting worse by the second." You shrugged, "I don't know, but I hope he's okay." Sokka began to whimper a little, causing you to walk over. "Sokka? What's the matter?" Sokka looked up at you, his eyes glossy. "My throat hurts and I feel like I'm on fire...!" He whined. You frowned, he was finally coming back to his senses now that the pain was returning. "Here, let me grab you a cool cloth." 

You grabbed the cloth from your bag and got it damp with a little water from the canteen, then walked back over to where Sokka was. You placed the cloth against his head, dabbing away at any sweat on his forehead. Sokka looked at you, his eyes still teary. "Thank you...(Y/N), I feel like I'm going to die.." You rolled your eyes but kept your concern visible. "Sokka, you're not going to die, I promise. You're just a little sick." Sokka leaned his head against your shoulder, sighing softly before coughing a little. 

You grimaced as he coughed against you, trying to hold your breath for a few seconds as to not inhale the disease he very nicely just shared with you. He nuzzled into your neck, taking comfort in your warmth. "You're so hot, (Y/N)..." He mumbled, his arms wrapping awkwardly around your arm. You blushed madly, looking at the ceiling of the ruins you guys were camping in. You knew what he meant, but you couldn't help but think in a different direction! Crushes were seriously the end of you, and you were delusional to think he'd like you, too... until....

Sokka mumbled more incoherent nonsense as he began to fall asleep on your shoulder, drooling a little as he snored. You giggled a little, shaking your head as he snoozed. His goofy humor hadn't left him when he grew older. He still had just a tad of it left to share. You closed your eyes, starting to doze off yourself. You couldn't help it; the warmth was so comforting and alluring. Finally, you drifted off to sleep, but before you did, you heard a faint whisper. 

"I love you (Y/N)...."