jumped (lin)

Hey guys!! This next oneshot is a request for @SpicyH! "Lin Beifong x reader...The reader is Lin's wife and a non-bender but still able to put up a good fight. So basically the reader is walking home late at night and is attacked but puts up a good fight but is badly injured. Lin basically bursts into the hospital room and you can take it from there." 

I hope you enjoy it! 

All characters are 18+! Minors DNI.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A small tune escaped your lips as you whistled down the quiet, winding road, taking in the misted scent of the night. The street was rather dim, but the sky made up for it with its glowing stars. You didn't have a single bad thought running through your mind, the only one being that you missed your wife, Lin, dearly. You wanted to get home as quickly as possible in order to beat her to the door. The two of you both worked a lot, Lin more than you, but you still managed to have time for each other to relax and enjoy time together. Dates were always hard, but you two never skimped on spending time together. You knew what you had signed up for; with Lin being Chief of Police, you knew that time between each other would be sparse. With that being said, you always made sure that the home you two shared was in check, clean, and had a warm meal waiting for Lin when she arrived home. 

It was quite amusing watching the stringent woman immediately transform into a loving and gentle one the second she saw your face. Lin had always been like that with you; once she realized she had nothing to lose, she let all of her walls down and let you in to love her. You were Lin's most precious thing in life; she loved you so much even though she rarely said it to you. Whilst walking down the street, you couldn't help but smile thinking about the way her eyes would light up when she saw your form. You had planned to make her favorite meal when you got home, knowing that lately, she was busy dealing with the Equalists and Amon, as well as Korra. 

Trying to beat the raging night, you rushed down the street, your feet padding down the road. Your feet were aching from your shift; being a secretary for the Police Academy was like running track on the daily...except have hundreds of angry college kids at your desk demanding you to print their forms...Yeah, wasn't so fun now. 

You had actually met Lin years and years ago when the two of you crossed paths at the Police Academy. She was a bossy and bitchy student demanding you, the brand new secretary, to give her her paperwork only 15 minutes after you had gotten them. Man, was she a catch! 

Your mind was so flooded with Lin that you didn't even notice the group of men you passed by. Too lost in your thoughts, you didn't hear one of the men call out to you. They were typical low-lives, catcalling women for their own disgusting pleasure. Unbeknownst to you, they were Equalists working with Amon. They just so happened to know who you were...little Linny's wifey. 

"Hey sweetness, you got some fine trunk..." One called out, watching you walk away in silence underneath the streetlight. When you didn't reply, the Equalists exchanged rough glances.

"Try again, Sen." One whispered, but this time you heard. You were brought out of your thoughts by the sound of encroaching footsteps. 

"Hey sweetness! I'm talkin' to you!" You didn't stop walking. If anything, you hastened your pace. 

'If I can just outrun them, maybe I'll be home safe.' You pondered, trying to reach the house faster. 

"Hey!" The man yelled, all three of them rushing after you. One of the men, the tallest, unveiled his Equalist glove, shocking you in the process. Even if you were a non-bender, it still shocked you to your core. Screaming, you fell to the ground, trembling from the pain.