don't let go of my hand

A hamliza oneshot
Plot:
Eliza pretends to be a man in the war so she can go fight. She gets shot and Alex comes to her side
Warning:
.angst
.death
.blood

This ia my first oneshot so please be nice

°Eliza's perspective°

When i signed up to fight, i never anticipated this. I didn't think for a second what would happen if i wasn't gonna make it home, who i would be leaving behind. I was reckless and selfish, i realize that now. I realized it the moment that bullet struck me. All i wanted was to spend time with my Alexander and see him safe back home.

°Third person°

Eliza's eyes widened as her body came crashing to the floor, ears ringing and body trying to understand what was happening to her. She layed there, her long, brown locks starting to fall out of her, now torn old hat. Tears filled her hazel brown eyes as she held her, now heavily bleeding, wound as she layed there, unable to move much because of the pain that was now spreading through her her shaking body from her right hip. Her soldier outfit now drenched in her blood and mud from the ground below. She couldn't do anything but listened to the fading battle noises around her.

Alexander looked over. His deep blue eyes widened as he realized the boy who had just been transfered to his unit with was in fact his dear wife, who now, lay bleeding out, slowly, among the long grass. He ran to her side, falling to his knees and gently scooping the helpless (sorry, i had to-) girl into his caring arms. He knew their was nothing he could do to help yet wished their was. The sight of her like this destroying him.

Small tears ran down her cheeks as she stared up at him. All she could do was choke out a quiet, "I-i'm so sorry"

He swiftly quieted her with his finger and stroked her hair as he muttered to himself, "Why".
His face streamed with tears as he clung to her. He took off his jacket, desperate to cover her wound and save her but she mumbled, "A-Alex...... We both know i won't make it" she smiled softly at him.

He felt his heart being torn apart and shattered as he rambled, "No, no, no, their has to be a way. I can't loose you like this Eliza! I need you, we were gonna have a future together, don't leave me now!"
He fumbled over his words, struggling to keep his pain filled emotions from taking over him as he gently pressed his jacket on her wound. His once normal, steady and calming hold, now a very much shakey and panicked squeeze on her hand. He said, "D-don't let go of my hand, please"

Eliza giggled painfully at him, knowing he always loved her laugh, and said, "Hey..... It is gonna be a-all okay honey. We will meet again one day. It was my own mistake." She held onto his cold hand and said, "Just... Don't forget me, that would be enough"

She felt her eyes lids start to feel heavy as she became a much more pale colour. Alex noticed her body sink in his arms more and started to cry harder then he ever thought he could.

Eliza's life started to fade much more rapidly with every passing second. Alex quickly kissed her, not wanting it to end. He pulled away, "I love you" Eliza smiled softly as her eyes flickered shut for the last time.

He muttered, "I love you too" as he felt her body go limp in his arms and her hand realise its grip around his. He broke into loud sobs as he clung to her lifeless body.
His love was forever gone.

Work count: 660
This is my first story, i hope you like it! Sorry it isn't the best