Chapter Nine: The Captive's Duty

Hey guys!!! I have a very important announcement to make...Just so all of you may know, on February 14, Saturday, I will spoil all of you for your satisfaction and as compensation for the looooooooooonnnnnggggg wait for updates. And so, I will update my stories, both Joining Hands: allies and Foes and my new story: Travellers of Time by five chapter! That's right, five chapter!! All of you should look forward to it alright?!

PS. Please comment your reactions and anything you all want to say. Thanks!

♥LucyAshleyHeartfilia♥

____________________________________________________________

“How is it?”, a man’s voice is heard. In a dark lit room, there is a bed with a woman strapped in it.  A woman was standing in front of it with different machines surrounding her. There are eighteen others assisting her with what they’re doing.

“Master….”, the woman bowed.

“No need for too much formality, Helga”, the man said. He gestured his hands, indicating for the others to leave. The eighteen people bowed before him and started going out the door silently.

“I assume she’s settled in?”, he asked.

“I’m afraid not. She’s too stubborn to give in. She can’t be taken in if this keeps up”, Helga said.

“Can’t you knock her out?”, he asked.

“We can’t use the same method on her. We have to negate her powers bit by bit for this to work. If we rush things out, the base won’t be able to take it all”, she said.

“The woman can’t be that strong. As far as I know she’s weak and protected by her partner and her guild. Other than that she’s just an ordinary wizard”, he said.

“It’s confusing, yes. But the problem isn’t whether she’s strong or weak. Her abilities to summon Celestial Spirits is one thing but for those spirits to have consciousness and powers of their own, we can’t just recklessly let her do that”, she looked at a monitor that shows Lucy inside a room. Her hands were cuffed on either side of the wall.

“Even if we subdue her, her spirits won’t have the same effect”, she finished.

“So we have a tough one”, he said.

“She’s definitely trying to keep herself from using her magic. We tried different methods for her to use her keys to no avail. Apparently, she’s not just tough, she’s smart as well”

“Hahaha…..hahaha! This girl is interesting! Looks like I will have some quality time for a while. I haven’t met someone like her in a decade”, he laughed.

“This is no laughing matter Master Ardius”, Helga smacked his shoulder.

“You have to admit you’re having problems on how to subdue her. Either we do something soon or we’ll have to waste a couple of months waiting for her to give up”, Ardius said.

“We could try torturing her”, Helga flatly said.

“No, don’t do that. We don’t want our precious supply of great magic to be stained. We won’t get what we want if we try torturing her. You said her spirits have a mind of its own right?”, Ardius asked.

“That is right”, Helga said.

“Funny though, in truth we don’t need her for our plans, after we get Celtic Magic and all the spirits in our hands, we won’t need her anymore”

“You really think that’s too simple?”, Helga asked.

“Of course. We have two candidates, no? She’s merely one of them. We can use the other one if this one died”, Ardius tapped the monitor.