Chapter Twelve: No Matter What The Cost

♥LucyAshleyHeartfilia♥

____________________________________________________________

“Tidus, Kurogane, what....”, Arthur stopped when he saw Tidus and Kurogane’s expression. When he looked at where they’re eyes are focusing, he was surprised as well.

“You’re going to where Lucy is right?”, a woman asked, standing in front of their carriage.

“........”, No one was able to say something. Arthur was frozen stiff from surprise as to why the woman is there in front of them.

“If so, take me with you”, the woman finished.

“Elizabeth”, Arthur mumbled softly.

____________________________________________________________

“The signal, is it still active?”, Jura asked.

“Yes, it’s still transmitting. They haven’t figured it out yet”, Hibiki replied.

“Let’s hurry before they do!”, Laxus ordered.

“How farther?”, Natsu asked.

“More or less 20 kilometres more”, Hibiki said. “We just have to head North”

“Stop!”, Sting warned. All of them stopped from their pace.

“What is it?”, Kagura asked.

“They’re expecting us”, Rogue replied.

All the dragon slayers were alert and ready. It means that what Sting said is a trigger of something.

“Get ready”, Gajeel said.

The surrounding is quiet but they can definitely feel the tension in the air.

“Everyone split up!”, Charle shouted out.

Those who were alert were able to move fast after Charle’s warning but there are a few who weren’t as fast. They were hit by a powerful beam from above.

“What is that?”, Gray asked.

“They know we’re here”, Orga said.

“This is becoming wilder by the second”, Bacchus was excited.

“How many?”, Lyon asked.

“More or less thirty”, Hibiki replied as he looks over his Archive magic.

“No, fifty!”, Laxus harshly shouted.

“Twenty of them were suppressing their presence behind those woods!”, Rogue pointed to their east side.

“My memory remembers some of their abilities, I can take care of some of them”, Rufus said.

“Dang, you sure are boastful”, Gray smirked. “I’ll help you out”

Rufus smiled at him.

“I’ll stay here too”, Lyon made his way to them. Their backs were leaning against each other.

“They grouped themselves pretty well”, Jenny commented.

“In that case, I’ll stay behind as well, I’ll be beside Gray-sama!”, Juvia went over to their group as well.

“Hey!”, Cheria was about to head over as well when Jura stopped her.

“There are better things we could do. If all of us stay, we would run short before we reach the base”, Jura explained.

“We must find a way to get through them. Separate!”, Erza ordered.

So all in all, those who were left behind in the first wave of attack are, Gray, Lyon, Rufus, Juvia, Jenny, Eve and ten people from different guilds.