The angel hesitated before replying. "No. But I haven't indulged in alcohol yet."

"Okay." I nodded, turning to look at that bar. "Anything interest you?"

"What's the other angel always drink?"

"Tequila, neat."

"I'll have th-"

"No. Pick something else." I cut him off.

"Why n-"

"Pick something else."

Silence. "What's that blue bottle?"

"Curacao."

"That?"

"Sure. Neat? On the rocks?"

"You add rocks?"

My eyes went to the ceiling, before I turned to meet his blue eyes. "Ice. It means ice."

"Apologies. Your lingo is still new to me."

"Taken. How do you want to drink it?"

"How is it drunk?"

"The way she just described it, feathers." Lou sounded a lot more annoyed than me.

The angel flinched at Lou's voice. He's not going to last. "Give it with the rocks."

"Right." That took a bit. I reached for the bottle, hearing the bell above the door ding as I was taking it down. Mi-

"Hey, Ryleigh! Been a while!"

I twisted quickly upon hearing that voice. "Axel? What are you doing here?"

He stopped in his tracks, the two demons behind him stopping as well. "You don't sound too happy to see me."

My eyes went to Lou, who carefully avoided my eyes. "What happened to our deal?"

"I never agreed to it." He shrugged, taking a sip. "You've got customers."

"Unfortunately, so." I mumbled, sighing as I started pouring out the new guy's drink. "Place your order."

"You don't sound too happy about it, Ryleigh." Axel spoke up as he strode towards the bar. "I thought I was a friend."

"You are." I slid the bright blue drink across before looking up.

"Then, where was my goodbye?"

"I didn't say goodbye to anyone, Axel." Placing my hands on my hips, I gave him a smile and a nod. "It is, however, good to see you. Order?"

"Two beers and one Blue Lagoon." He looked at the angel. "That's giving me a craving for it."

"On it." I exhaled loudly, turning to meet Lou's eyes. "We need to have a word."

"Uh, I'm le-"

"Stay, Lou." I hissed at him, narrowing my eyes as he kept avoiding them.

"No guarantees." He mumbled into his glass.

"So..." Axel ignored the tense air between Lou and I, leaning on the counter as he spoke. "Why here?"

"I got a good job." I shrugged, pulling down the blue alcohol again. "And the owners kind of left me to be responsible for this place."

"That's rather trusting."

"I know."

"Must be th-"

"Grace? I know." I replied tiredly, dropping some ice cubes into a shaker. "What's been up with you?" I asked, closing the shaker and raising it.

"I-" Axel was, unfortunately enough, cut off with the sound of the ice crashing around in the metal shaker.