The Piano & The Formula - Part 7

Start from the beginning

The Hamelin formula.

Everything happens in a blink, Ingrid yanks Lottie towards her and wraps her thin pale fingers around her neck. Jamie shoots up but freezes in shock, knowing that Lottie's life is in danger.

You struggle to escape from Julius as he tightens his grip and pulls you closer, bending down to hiss in your ear. "Don't even try Princess." His cold breath tickles your skin, sending shivers up your spine.

You ignore him and don't give up, kicking him hard in the shin before swinging your other arm around and slamming your elbow into the weak part of his arm. He grunts and releases you, but your attention is only focused on Lottie trapped in the grasp of Ingrid. Her long, sharp nails millimetres from your sister's throat.

Your mind is flicking through solutions, resolutions, hundreds surface, and yet, the crippling, dreadful realisation is made clear.

There's nothing that you can do.

Julius seizes you once more, forcing your arms behind you and tying your wrists with a thick rope, you can't meet Jamie's eyes, you can't face Lottie. You feel as if this is your fault, you could have stopped them before, and now you've failed, Lottie's life is in danger and the hamelin formula is the Leviathan's.

"Get the formula and the pretty boy." Ingrid snarls, the girl with the sack complies, grabbing the box and tying up Jamie's wrists, he does nothing, powerless.

Lottie lets out a whimper, Jamie has stopped fighting.

Lola and Micky stand motionless; staring at the evil three, eyes flooded with fear and worry. Julius sticks duck tape over your mouth and shoves you to the ground, a proud smirk on his face. Lottie whimpers again as you hit the hard floorboards with a thud, the pain shooting through your body like an electric shock.

"You-" Jamie begins to protest.

"Nuh uh uh!" Ingrid interrupts, tightening her grip on Lottie's neck, Jamie is thrown down next to you and winces from the impact. Julius and Saskia start tying up your ankles roughly and tightly. Then Lola and Micky follow, luckily without being shoved down like you and Jamie were, but placed as far away from the two of you as possible.

Lottie is finally added to the group of gagged and tied up bodies with Lola and Micky on the floor. A tear slowly dripping from the corner of her eye.

Suddenly Anastacia, Percy and Ellie charge into the room. The girls with fencing swords brandished.

"Saskia." Anastacia murmurs, her face is mournful and full of regret as she sees the mysterious girl with the sack. That was Saskia Martin? The girl that tried to kill Lottie the year before? You feel a new rage burning behind your eyes, but have no power in the state you're in.

Anastacia and Ellie try to put up a fight but are soon defenceless, tied up and thrown down with the others. Again as far away from Jamie and you as possible, why were they splitting you up?

Percy stands amidst all the chaos, silent and still, his eyes wide. Ingrid saunters over to him and cups his chin in her hand.

"Cute little button isn't he?"

Micky's eyes narrow.

"This was so easy," Ingrid continues, "We planted Percy here as our little spy, it worked well."

You roll your eyes at her remark, of course it went well because otherwise you wouldn't be tied up and on the ground.

"Why are you rolling your eyes." Saskia snarls, she had noticed.

"Hmm?" Ingrid whips round, "which one."

Saskia points at you aggressively and Ingrid steps over slowly before kicking you right in the ribs. You recoil at the pain, whimpering and arching your back, trying to move away. Lola sniffles and Lottie tries to protest but is muffled by the tape.