Chapter 10: Echo of... Zane II.

Reader Key:

(Y/N) = Your Name.

(N/N) = Your Nickname.

(H/L) = Hair Length.

(H/C) = Hair Colour.

(E/C) = Eye Colour.

Author's Note: This will be slowly updated as not to give away something in the main story.

(Third Person P.O.V)

______ Echo ______

After what seemed like forever, hours upon hours, (Y/N) finally woke up with a start. She was exhausted and could barely keep her eyes open, her mind thick with the fog of forced sleep.

She laid herself down and closed her eyes again as her mind pained her. When she heard the door open.

(Y/N) sat back up and the door creaked as it opened further. There was a long pause, almost as if to see if it would wake her up or not. Then Zane stepped into the room.

"(Y/N) it is good to see you awake." Zane said in a cheery tone and coming to her bedside with a tray of drinks complemented a small plate of bread.

Zane was delighted to see her awake (Y/N)'s breathing had been surprisingly soft in her sleep, even in her sleep her face had shown exhaustion and dehydration.

Zane had tried to focus more on the more protective emotions inspired by (Y/N)'s vulnerable form, rather than studying the curve of her sun-dried lips. This was infinitely more difficult than he had imagined.

"I trust you are better?" Zane asked taking a seat on the chair next to her bed and brushed some of the stray strands of (Y/N)'s hair. The tray now sitting on the bedside table.

"I'm a little sore." (Y/N) admitted with a croaky voice. "Tired but nothing I haven't been through before."

Her comment caused a spike of complicated emotions in the nindroid, which was coupled with a frown on his face. "I trust your similar symptoms were caused by a different set of circumstances." Zane commented in a serious tone.

(Y/N) grinned a little at that comment. The skin on her lips splitting slightly as she did. "Yeah. Training can be intense." (Y/N) chuckled. Even though her voice still strained from her dry throat. It was clear her words were fraught with hidden meaning.

Zane gave her a measuring look as though doubting (Y/N)'s statement. Eventually, though, he nodded.

(Y/N) inclined her head towards the bedside table. "What's all that?" (Y/N) asked. "I surmised that you might be hungry or thirsty. So I brought you food and drink." Zane stated with a warm and comforting smile.

"That's..." Sweet. (Y/N) thought. "...appreciated." Was what she said out loud. (Y/N) tried to suppress the amusement she felt at that thought. Zane held up a cup of water for her to drink. (Y/N) took a careful sip before guzzling it down.