Chapter 2: Echo of... First Impressions

Reader Key

(Y/N) = Your Name

(H/L) = Hair Length

(H/C) = Hair Colour

(E/C) = Eye Colour

(N/N) = Nickname

Author's Note: This will be a spin-off from the main story Chaotic shattering.

(Your P.O.V)

I woke up to the soothing sound of the ocean, and the soft sounds of waves hitting the sand. The bed is soft and the blankets light but warm. I snuggled up tighter, then I remembered.

I sat up quickly and look around. I was on the top floor bedroom Lighthouse prison. I sensed another presence near here.

I looked toward the opening in the floor. A head of copper coloured hair and a pair of golden eyes peaked up from the stairwell to the top floor of the lighthouse.

(Echo Zane's P.O.V)

Echo Zane couldn't completely understand what was going to happen. On numerous occasions, he had thought about what it would be like to finally meet a visitors.

He thought about multiple ways their meeting could go; from the reaction being highly positive to the reaction being highly negative, and all things in between.

Though right now he honestly only thought about negative reactions. He was so worried what if she didn't like him?

This was more nerve-wracking than he had imaged Echo Zane thought.

But how was he supposed to know he would actually get the chance?! He and his Father had been on this island for years without any visitors! And suddenly Zane and his friends arrived here take father and leave behind one of their own?

The whirring of his internal systems increased in both speed and sound as he thought.

(Third Person P.O.V)

(Y/N) heard the sounds coming from the copper Nindroid as he hid at the top of the stairs.

"H-Hello. I am Zane, built to protect those who cannot protect themselves." Echo Zane said.

When Echo Zane reached the top, he slowly moved towards (Y/N), and stopped a few feet from her. Echo Zane was quiet as he looked around, this continued for a few moments until he took a step back.

"I-I'll be going now." Echo Zane said and ran back down to the main floor.

Echo Zane continued on his way to a seemingly normal wall. However, when he pulled on the small torch sconce, and a hidden entrance was revealed.

Two panels separated from the rest of the wall and slid back, and behind them was a stone corridor with a ramp leading downwards.

Echo Zane quickly descended the ramp that led down to another room, this one filled with boxes, tools, parts, and blueprints.

Echo Zane decided to hide down there for a little bit. This was harder then he thought.

(Y/N) didn't have enough energy to go after this bronze Zane and just went back to sleep.

It was a few hours later when Echo Zane reemerged from the secret basement to see if the new resident was still functioning.

Echo Zane peeked back up the stairs, where she was fast asleep shivering slightly Echo Zane fetched a spare blanket and draped it over her.

Echo Zane looked out the window. He took a comb from his fathers draws and he sat back down in the chair began to comb her sea salt coated (H/C) hair.

She was so pretty, she made his internal systems speed up to a warm hum and his circuits spark his golden eyes couldn't stop scanning her sleeping face.

Echo Zane's hand lovingly grazed her face absentmindedly, a smile forming on his own.

"Its been really nice having you around here." Echo Zane told her.

Echo Zane continued to sit in silence, listening to the ocean and the soft sound of his new companions eventful sleep.

(Y/N) opened her (E/C) eyes once again at night to see Echo Zane setting some tea on the table. Echo Zane looked up at (Y/N) and smiles slightly. "Did you sleep well?" Echo Zane asked her.

(Y/N) tried to talk but her throat hurt too much. Echo Zane handed (Y/N) a cup of tea and she sipped it silently.

He doesn't seem to want to harm me? (Y/N) thought. "What should I call you?" (Y/N) managed to crock out.