Quiet (Kyoya x Zero one-shot)

.~Kyoya’s POV~

I sighed as I walked into the house. It had been a long day at work. Running a company of your own isn’t all fun and fancy. “I’m home.” I said, placing my brief case and suit jacket by the door.

Silence.

I walked passed the kitchen to the living room. I looked to the couch and the recliner and sighed again. This was odd.

In all the years I’ve lived with Zero, it’s never been this quiet. He’s always there to greet me at the door or he has dinner cooking or he’s playing the piano or even knitting in the living room.

I felt myself start to worry. I grabbed my cell phone as I looked around the house. The first person I called was Tamaki. Zero considered him to be a father figure, so Zero would’ve told him if he were leaving.

“Ah, hello mommy! How are you?” Tamaki answered, practically spitting rainbows. “Tamaki, have you heard from Zero at all today?” I asked, looking under the bed. “Kyoya...” He said, the frown clear in his voice. “I’m coming over. We’ll help you look for him.”

I sighed, running my fingers through my hair. “No. Don’t. I’ll call you back if I hear anything.” I sat on the floor and frowned. ‘This is getting ridiculous.’

Where could he have gone? It’s not like him to disappear without leaving a note or calling or even waiting until I get home for him to go out. I decided to send him a text message.

To Zero-kun: I’m home and you’re not. Where are you?

An hour later, there was still no answer.

“Kyoya, come here.” Tamaki said from the living room. I realized I had been sitting on the floor the whole time, waiting for Zero to reply. “We need to talk.” He sighed.

I walked to the living room and realized Tamaki didn’t come alone. Everyone was there. The twins, Haruhi, Takashi, Honey, and even Renge was there. “Have a seat, Kyoya.”

I sat in the recliner that Zero loved so much. He liked that when I sat in it, he could curl up in my lap and we would read together, or I would read to him while he knitted. I sighed, putting my head in my hands. Why wasn’t he here?

“Kyoya, there isn’t a trace of Zero here…” Tamaki said, putting his hand on my shoulder. “Tell me something I don’t know, Tamaki. We need to be out looking for him, not having a tea party in my living room.” I growled, shaking his hand off.

“Did he leave a note or anything?” Honey asked, looking around for something I might have missed. “No. If he did, I wouldn’t have called.” I snapped at him, glaring at everyone in the room. “If you guys aren’t going to help me look, then leave.”

“Don’t talk to us like that, Kyoya-senpai. We’re just trying to help you out.” Haruhi said, standing up. Over the years, she had gotten feisty and while Zero enjoyed her smart mouth, I didn’t.