Conversations

AN: Let me start with I'm sorry I was gone for so long. :( I know this won't make up for it but I hope it's a start. I love you guys. Tell me what you think of it.

~3rd Person POV~

The room remained quiet for a second after Kyoya took the punch. Every one was surprised when he just bent over and got his glasses from the floor. He didn't move to strike back or anything. He just took it.

Zero rushed over to him, worried about what his love had done. “Kuro-kun! These are our fans and my friends. You can't just go around hitting them!” he glared. He couldn't believe it. Kuro had talked about punching the kid, but Zero always laughed it off. It was never something he had to worried about.

After checking on the Ootori, the rest of the club and the band sat down and talked.

Mainly about Zero.

“So, what about the rest of you? Are you all close to my boy as well?” Tamaki asked, smiling at the small group in front of him. Aiko, the drummer, was the first to speak. Running skilled fingers through his dark locks, he locked eyes with the 'daddy' of the host club.

“I guess you could say that. He's a great leader. “ he shrugged, keeping his eyes on the blond. Next was Bradley. He had taken a seat next to Mori and was enjoying the view. “Yeah, Zero is really great. How tall are you..?” he pointed at Mori, who just stared at him. “6'5..” Bradley's face was priceless. “I.. I didn't know people could get that tall..” he stuttered, looking to the ground.

Then December responded, finally taking his eyes off of his guitar. “He's a pretty good kid. Nothing too special.” a smirk on his face. Zero started to yell, claiming he was the most special person in the world causing everyone to laugh at his expense.

Last to speak was Kuro, a smile on his face as he held Zero in his lap. “You guys already know how amazing he is. I mean, you went to school with him. I wish I had known him back then.” he placed a light kiss on Zero's neck, loving the blush that grew on his cheeks. “I'm lucky to know have him now.” he mentioned a little too loudly.

“What do you mean? Did other bands want him?” Haruhi asked, discreetly leaning against Kaoru.

The room once again grew quiet. Everyone looked to Zero and Kuro for an answer, excluding the other band members who made excuses to leave the room.

“Zero tried to commit suicide his first week here. I met him in the hospital, found out he could sing, and invited him to join our band.” he rubbed Zero's leg, trying to get him to relax.

Zero hadn't told a lot of people about that. He didn't like admitting it. He didn't like admitting that he had let life beat him down to the point he thought he didn't matter.

Then he met Kuro.

Kuro was his light in an otherwise dark world.

A few seconds went by after Kuro told them. Surprisingly, Hikaru was the first to apologize, automatically thinking back to the bet. That was then followed by the rest of the club pouring out apologies that Zero only shook his head at.

“I appreciate it. Really, I do. But stop apologizing.” as he laughed, Kuro noticed how Zero gripped his hand. “So, where are you guys staying at?” Kuro successfully changed the subject. Honey-sempai started to talk about the hotel they were staying in. He was excited because it had an all night snack bar. Kuro nodded and smiled, they were in the same hotel.

Seeing how they were rich, he figured they would have gotten a suite.

They were on the same floor..

And there are only so many suites in that hotel. About six.

They were going to be neighbors.

As Kuro connected the few dots he had come up with, Zero had taken to talking to Haruhi, catching up and other things girls do.

Kuro watched as he talked with her, a smile clear in his eyes. His eventually shifted over to the Ootori only to see that he was being watched. He silently raised a well groomed eyebrow to the boy, cocking his head to the hallway. The silent child nodded and they both excused themselves from the others.

“Hey! Kuro-kun! No more fighting! If either of you come back in here bruised I will truly consider kicking your firm butt!” Zero shouted, pointing at him while he looked at Haruhi's necklace.

“No bruises, got it.” he chuckled as he followed the Ootori out into the hall.

Once the door was closed, Kuro felt his back hit the wall. He smiled at the boy who had a grip on his neck.

“You never said anything about him trying to commit suicide, Kuro!” Kyoya growled. He was furious. “I'm not paying you to keep secrets! You're keeping an eye on him! Keeping him safe for God's sake! And you let that happen!?”

“Look, Kyoya. If I had known what he was going to do, I would've intervened earlier. I didn't even know he was in the hospital until the nurse had called me.” Kuro explained, pushing his cousin away slightly. “Now calm down. I promised him no bruises.” he brushed his shirt off and smiled. “Let's go back inside. We can continue this conversation later.”