Leave Me Alone

Leave Me Alone

"I don't understand why I have to come home! It's not as if I'm partying every night!" Clary argued as she followed Jocelyn into the kitchen.

"No but you're not sleeping!" Jocelyn shouted back.

"I don't sleep with him every night! We sleep in the same bed and that's it most of the time!" Clary answered feeling her blood start to boil.

"Most of the time! This is the problem! You don't understand! You're ruining your life sleeping with him! What happens if you fall in love with someone else?" Jocelyn asked.

"That's the thing though, I won't. Jace and me have been through everything together whether we knew it or not and I know that I can see my future with him and he sees his with mine. I love Jace." Clary answered.

"And this is the other thing. You think you know what love is but you don't. You're eighteen not eighty. When you've been married fifty years come back to me and we can speak about love." Jocelyn said.

"You don't know what love is either then! You haven't been married for fifty years!" Clary shouted.

"Don't. You. Dare. Raise. Your. Voice. At. Me. My love life might not be perfect by a long shot but I have a better understanding of love than you do by a mile. Do you understand that? Good. Now you won't be going back to the Institute for a while not until you get some distance from that boy!" Jocelyn answered.

"You don't own my life. You can't tell me who I can and can't see." Clary spat.

"But that's where you're wrong. I'm your mother Clary. I have more rule over your life than anyone you know." Jocelyn said.

"You want to call yourself my mother? You lied to me about my true identity. You didn't tell me I had a brother. You abandoned me for months because you didn't want to face my father. You thought my boyfriend was exactly like my father and got mad at me about him because a demon took over his mind. You tried to kill not only him but also your own son!" Clary screamed.

"That man will never and was never your father and that boy wasn't my son until two minutes before his death need I remind you!" Jocelyn answered.

"That man was my father and will always be my father no matter who he was or what he did! And that boy will always be my brother and your son no matter what his eye colour was!" Clary shouted.

"Clary, I think you should go calm down in your room." Luke said calmly as he walked into the kitchen trying to split up the argument.

"You're not my dad." Clary answered spitefully.

"Clary please." Luke said. Clary was surprised that he wasn't mad at her for saying it but he still seemed disappointed in her. Instead of arguing anymore Clary sighed and walked out the kitchen to her room.

Once Jocelyn and Luke had gotten married they had all moved into Luke's house permanently so he could still own the book shop and Jocelyn's art had started to be bought by other people rather than just Magnus.

Clary opened the door to her bedroom and slammed it behind her to make it known that she didn't want to be disturbed. She lay on her bed staring up at the barren ceiling wishing that she'd come home more. Maybe if she had this wouldn't have happened.

She took her phone out of her pocket and dialed a number of a person she should have talked to before she left the Institute.

"Leave me alone." Izzy said as the phone stopped ringing.

"Can I not just talk to you for a minute? I need to explain something to you." Clary answered.

"You have a minute and I'm counting." Izzy answered.