2.

Heyo! I'm back. Hope that this is good so far...enjoy chapter 2!

(The Thunder Legion had decided to stay at Laxus's apartment until Freed woke up because it was the roomiest of all of their's.)

They had all been relaxing for about a hour, the initial shock of having your teammate de-aged wearing off, leaving them no choice but to wait until he woke up. 

Bixlo lay sprawled on the carpet, glaring at the ceiling. Evergreen sat across the room from him in a chair, idly fiddling with her hair. Laxus sat on the floor next to the couch, where Freed lay peacefully asleep

(Laxus's pov)

Laxus glanced up at the now mini sized rune mage, who was still asleep and covered in blankets. 'He looks so similar to the present Freed, and yet...something is different...'  He furrowed his brow in thought. 'Ugh...but what?'

It was at that moment that Freed started to wake up. The remaining three all froze as Little Freed sat up and yawned. He tried to stretch but ended falling off the couch with a small 'thump', he spluttered a little and fought the blanket that had fallen with him and had entirely covered him.

Ever, Bixlo, and Laxus all tried very hard not to grin at the sight, but ended up failing. Freed managed to toss away the blanket at long last, and looked around the room in confusion. 

He inched back until he hit the couch, seeming to get more panicked by the second. Little Freed managed to stutter out, his voice shaky, "W-where am I?" 

Evergreen, seeming to notice his panic, answered calmly, trying not to scare him more, "Its ok. Your fine. What's your name?" 

She added the question just to distract him long enough for the other two to comprehend the situation. Freed opened his mouth but no sound came out. He tried again but still to no avail.

The three teammates watched with both patience and some concern as Freed's past self tried again and again to answer, and continued to fail at it. Freed's bright blue eyes started to fill with tears of frustration, at his predicament. 

Bixlo sat up so he sat cross legged and questioned a little worriedly, "You ok, kiddo?" Bixlo's soft spot for kids was only known to the Thunder Legion, and they thought it both funny and adorable at the same time.

Freed finally managed to squeak, "Freed. Freed Himitsu." Laxus raised an eyebrow, "Waddaya mean, 'Himitsu'? Isn't you're last name Justine?" Freed seemed genuinely confused at the statement. 

"N-no. I've never heard of that name in my life." Laxus frowned a little, "Huh. Ok, then..." The three shared a look. They already had some questions for Freed when he turns back to normal. 'Speaking of which...'

"Ever, could you go check with Levi and see when the potion wears off?" 

Ever stood up with a sigh, "So THAT'S what I forgot to do. Hey Bix, are you coming? I think Lisanna's back from that job." 

Bixlo immediately jumped to his feet, "Duh! We'll be back in a while, see ya later Laxus!" He yelled as he ran towards the door, dragging a very unhappy Evergreen behind him.

That leaves me and, ah, Himitsu...what does that even mean?  The two sat in silence for a minute before Laxus asked him, "...Are you hungry? I got some food in the kitchen if you want some." 

Freed, who had been spacing out in that time, snapped back to reality and quickly stuttered a small reply. "S-sure." 

"Right. I'll go make some sandwiches." Laxus pulled himself to his feet and started towards the door to the kitchen before stopping. 

"On second thought. How about you come with me. If those two double back, Ever will stuff you in a dress or something." Freed jumped up to follow him but only managed to take a few steps before tripping and falling on the floor.

Laxus frowned a little in though before turning around and kneeling on the floor in front of the small boy. "Let me see your leg for a second..." Freed silently extended one leg out in front of him. 

Laxus carefully rolled up the hem of the pant leg to show his ankle and examined it for a moment, 'Something is off about it...' 

He looked closer for a moment before inhaling sharply as he realized what was wrong with it.

 'The muscle...there's practically nothing there! That's not a result of a lack of nutrients...that came from magic.'

Without saying a word he stood and picked up the boy easily and placed him on his shoulders. Freed struggled for a moment before realizing what was happening and then relaxed. By the time they had walked into the kitchen, Laxus was pretty concerned. 'No kid should be this light...I'll have to bring him to see Wendy in a while. She'll know what to do.' Along with concern, there was also a bit of fury in him as well. 'Who the HELL would do this to a little kid! He's too small and cute!'

'...Cute? Where did that come from?' 

Laxus in general, was not really a kids person. He glanced up at Freed, who had started to doze off a little with his chin resting on top of Laxus's head. 

He huffed a little. 'Ok, fine. I admit it. Freed is pretty cute...' He realized what he had just thought and quickly added, 'Like this! Not Freed in general. I mean he IS cute but...oh son of a-!' 

He sighed, 'Just focus on the sandwiches lover boy.' He blushed a little at the thought that had popped into his head. 'I DON'T LIKE HIM.'

'...LIKE THAT.'

After he finished making two sandwiches, he walked back to the living room and set the plate on the small table by the couch. 

He stopped. 'How the hell am I supposed to get him off...do I just...toss him? Or...?' 

While Laxus contemplated this issue, Freed let go of him and slid off his back and unto the couch. He then grabbed one of the sandwiches and started devouring it. 

Laxus blinked, 'Problem solved I guess.'

Hope ya like it so far. Also a few side notes. My ships. I do ship Bixlo and Lisanna, so in the book, they have a crush on each other, but they haven't confessed. Maybe I'll do that in a later chapter. Other ships are the canon ones I think.

Also 'Himitsu' means secret in Japanese in case you were wondering.