"Why Annika ? why did you do this?" He demanded and tears trickled down her face seeing him.

"Why did you endure so much alone? It must have been so hard , you would have felt alone and I wasn't there when you needed me..I couldn't understand you" he expressed himself and she looked at him with god knows what emotions.

The man in front of her still thought about her, he was in this condition because he was distressed thinking what she must have felt.

What was he made off, did he ever think about himself ? She wondered in her mind.

"Annika here take it." he passed her an envelope and the second time she felt her heartbeat skip a beat. Was he going to divorce her?.

She took the envelope with shaking hands. Her gaze never left his eyes. He seemed in pain but there was relief too.

She opened it and found a one way ticket to Cuba, the place she wanted to see the most.

Her letter slipped from her hold where she wrote the answer of a long lost question he had asked even before proposing her.

Why did the globe in her room had places marked in it? Why was Cuba highlighted the most?

She didn't had to answer that day since he himself had said that maybe those were the places she had visited.

But it was that those were the places which she wanted to visit the most.

"I am giving you your dreams Annika , go and then come back to me." he said cupping her face.

"Shivaay what are you saying? I am married to you and please forget it. It was a dream and you are my reality" she backed off from accepting the chance.

"Annika, listen to me ! Your dreams are mine too and you wanted to experience what was it to see the world, I am giving you the chance." he requested her to understand and think about herself.

"But how can I leave you.You my husband " she retorted

"Exactly I am saying go and fulfill your dream and come back to me, I promise I'll be waiting for you even if you made me wait all my life." he poured his heart, he wasn't sad letting her go because he knew she belonged to him and he to her.

"Come on ! Don't cry you have your flight in three hours" he said engulfing her in a hug her and that helped her to calm down a bit.

"Then come with me please" the way she said melted his heart but he had responsibilities to look after ,they needed him here.

"You know that can't happen love , I have responsibilities to fulfill." she couldn't help but cry more.

"I love you Shivaay" she cried.

"I love you too" he breadth kissing her temple.

*****
5 years later~

Shivaay stood in front of the huge glass window looking at the city which looked beautiful in the night light.

He was tired working the whole day, a lot of appointments were still pending it was eight in the night.

His secretary knocked and entered when he slightly nodded.

"Sir you have a dinner appointment at nine and its the last appointment for the day" he informed and waited for next orders.

"Okay I am leaving for home to get ready you may leave now" he ordered and moved past him.

**
A shower was much needed after a long day.

Getting ready his gaze went to the photo frame kept on table. He smiled picking it up.

"I am still waiting for you " he said to the photo kissing it and kept it back.

He walked out of the mansion and drove to the restaurant where the meeting was.

The waiter leaded him the way to the roof top restaurant. He moved ahead and notice the table which was set up. A person was sitting there but his face wasn't visible to him.

"Hello Mr Oberoi ,like always you're  are here at sharp nine" the voice said and his heart skipped a beat ,he could recognize the voice even if he's  unconscious.

She got up and turned around to him. He was seeing her after five whole years.

His eyes busy noticing the changes in her , she was leaner than before, those black straight hair were now brownish and curlyl, her dressing sense was still the same but more sophisticated, overall she looked more beautiful but her eyes were still the same, they held innocence with confidence.

She took a step ahead ,her eyes taking in his sight in front of her. God !she missed him so much.

Their feet collided with each other and she didn't wasted even a single more an flanged her arms around him.

He stumbled back due to the force but hugged her back , it helped him believe that she was really with him after five years two months and four days.

"You are back ?" He asked confirming her presence.

"I came back and I am not going anywhere again" she replied still not leaving him.

He forcibly broke the hug and cupped her face "you're saying as if I send you away. It was your weird dream. " he said and she chuckled at his tone.

"I love you Shivaay" she said what she wanted to say from five years.

"I love you too idiot" he replied wiping her tears.

"Now don't cry" he complained but smiled seeing her smiling too.

                 *****************
So finally one way ticket is over.

Guys love is patience, to wait is to win.

Shivaay waited five years for annika and won her forever.

Drop your views and votes

Your writer