I expected to hear the door closing afterwards, but I felt a pair of lips press onto my forehead and a soft voice saying "Stay strong for me big sis".

I opened my eyes, and gave a weak smile saying "Anything for you Paris". She gave me a small smile and then walked out of my room closing the door behind her softly.

I felt tears rolls down my face, but I quickly wiped them away and got out of my bed.

I checked the time, and saw that it was near the time we were supposed to be at the Topaz's.

I went into my closet and found something appropriate to wear to the dinner we were having.

I didn't feel like going all out, so I just went with a simple dress. After I put on the dress, I went to the bathroom to curl my hair, and then I did my makeup at my vanity table.

 After I put on the dress, I went to the bathroom to curl my hair, and then I did my makeup at my vanity table

Cheryl's outfit

I gave myself a once over looking in the mirror and thought I looked good enough. I exited my room and went downstairs to see everyone waiting for me.

"Sorry, I guess I lost track of time" I told them looking at my parents only. My mother smiled and said "It's okay honey, it's okay if we're a little bit late. Right Clifford".

My dad nodded his head and then he held out his arms for me, and I accepted them. He gave me a bone crushing hug which made me say "Dad, I really can't breath".

He chuckled still hugging me and then let me go and gave me a kiss on my forehead.

"Alright everybody, into the car we shall go" my dad said as he opened the door. We all walked out the door and got into the car. Dad got in after he locked the house door and we made our way to the Topaz's house.

 Dad got in after he locked the house door and we made our way to the Topaz's house

At the Topaz Residence

I ran my shaky hands against the side of my dress as my dad rang the doorbell. We waited a few seconds and then the door opened with Mrs.Topaz.

"Come on in guys" she said with a smile as she opened the door more. We all walked in and greeted her as we went inside.

When she reached me she hugged me and whispered in my ear "Somethings wrong with Toni and I'm worried. She was hyperventilating in her sleep earlier about something and wouldn't tell me what happened. Could you check up on her upstairs for me, cause I know how close you two are".