"Thanks dad."

"I know you're my biological father."
Hayley's words echoed in Slenderman's mind.
"You-You do??" He asked, looking into her ocean eyes.
She nodded and a gentle smile spread across her face.
"And I'm not mad at you. There was a war, and you did what every father would do. You tried to keep me safe."

Hayley's voice was soft and her words were gentle, but they still hit Slenderman hard as he tried to process everything.
"I'm so sorry that I left you with him..." He said quietly. Hayley hugged him tightly.
"You don't have to be sorry. You did what you thought was right at the time." Her long, delicate fingers caressed his cheek and he smiled.
For once in her life, Hayley felt like she fit in somewhere. She knew she belonged here, with them. They were her family.

Slenderman's long fingers, played with her hair.
"How'd you know...?" He asked, almost inaudibly.
"I guess I've always known. I always did feel a strong connection with you. And I may have read one of your diaries." Hayley played with her hair, embarrassed. His face went a tint of pink.
"Wait... Slendy has a diary." Said Jeff teasingly.
"You can't talk. What about the black diary under your bed." Hayley said with a smirk.
Now it was Jeff's turn to blush.
"I-I don't know what you mean." Jeff said turning his head.
Slenderman chuckled and ruffled Hayley's hair.
Hayley giggled, but rolled her eyes when Liu spoke.
"What about the black book that's on your desk."
"It's a sketchbook dumbass." She said with a cocky grin.
Liu rolled his eyes and Hayley hugged Slenderman tightly.
She buried her face in his shoulder and he protectively hugged her.
"I won't let anyone hurt you, ever again. And if they do, physically, mentally or emotionally, I will make them pay." He promised her and she smiled.
"Thanks dad." Hayley said with a smile