The monster within her

She hugged him tightly, refusing to let go. He returned the hug, pulling her closer.
Her eyes reflected crimson light, the monster inside her, shining through.
The monster inside was viscous, cruel and careless. The only thing that can hold it, is Hayley. She flickered between her demon and her wolf form, walking backwards so he didn't get hurt.
Splendor knew that she was unafraid of him and he was unafraid of her. But he tilted his head, when she slowly walked backwards, a scared look in her eyes.

That was when her skin went pitch black, like the midnight sky, her eyes were the same deep crimson as her horns but were outlined with gold. Her hands were replaced with talons. She was afraid... Splendorman knew that much.

"Help

"Help.... me..." Said the one piece of Hayley that was left....
He wrapped his arms around her tightly, she struggled, trying to get out. He hugged her tighter, squeezing her hand.
Her demon form, began to melt away, leaving the girl that he had an unbreakable bond with, nestled in his arms. She looked up at him, crying hysterically.
"Shhh..." Splendor said softly, soothing her hair.
"It's okay... I'm here.. You're safe... it's okay, no one got hurt." He whispered softly to her.
"That's what scares me. The fact that you could've gotten hurt..." She said, angrily.
He soothed her hair and wiped her tears.
"But I didn't. Look for the positive, not the negative." He said softly. She nodded and hugged him tightly. He smiled and guided her inside.

She sat in a plush, velvet chair, her slim frame barely filling any space in the chair. He sat beside her, wrapping his arms around her. She leant into his touch, feeling her walls come crashing down. As crystal tears ran down her face, she buried her face in his shoulder. She felt safe with him. She trusted him.
And he trusted the monster within her.