Every Second Counts (7)

Chapter 7

"What the heck?" I mumbled to myself as I pushed against the door for what felt like the millionth time. It didn't budge again and I soon got frustrated, running my fingers through my long hair before I kicked the door. 

"Ow!"I excliamed once my foot made contact with the stupid door. It was hard and probably broke all of my toes. I pulled my  foot back, grabbing onto it and checking to see if nay of my toes were broken. I was too stupid to realize that as I was balancing on my one foot, grabbing onto my toes, that I was left balancing on my one leg. 

I suddenly tumbled over, falling against the wall and hitting it shoulder first before I slowly slid down it and was now sitting on the floor. I blinked several times before I groaned and leaned my head back against the cold wall. 

I looked back up after a minute to see Tristian staring over at me. Normally I would have been laughing my head off about how stupid I was, and Tristian would be making fun of me, that same smirk on his face. This was't one of those normal every other days though. 

Instead, Tristian was watching me with a serious look  in his eye. He would have usually teased me, and made fun of me, but instead he just looked at me, an emotionless look on his face. Some strands of his dark hair had fallen down to sit just above his eyes and he didn't bother to push them away. 

I was tempted to fix his hair for him, and move the hair out of his pale looking face. I didnt though. I mean, that would have been weird if I suddenly reached up and pushed the strands of hair away, he would probably begin teasing me about it or bite my hanf off, or something like that. 

"What?" I snapped as we both continued to look at one another. 

"You know we're stuck in here together," Tristian snapped back at me. 

I stared at him, my mouth hanging open in an unattractive way-not that I cared anyway-I just stared at Tristian. I'm sure my faced showed all of the emotions I was feeling; anger, sorrow, confusion. I wanted to scream, and ninja kick the stupid doors down.

I stood up, now feeling full of anger. I clenched my fists tightly together at my sides, suddenly wanting to punch stuff. Isn't that some form of anger relief? Just punching stuff until you feel better about yourself and not as angry anymore. 

I just looked up at Tristian, glaring at him and suddenly wanting to just punch his head. Why did he have to bug me so much? Hes just a huge pain and that's all. 

"Stop staring at me. its creepy," I heard Tristian say. I scowled at him before turning away and stalking off down the hallway. 

My shoes clicked against the tile floor of the school. It seemed to echo around the school hallway. The place was deserted and strangely quiet compared to our usually busy, loud school day. It was creepy being in here all alone. 

It was freezing in here, and I decided I just wanted to lie down and sleep. I suddenly felt extremely tired, and I felt like I could just collapse right then and there. I wanted to go back to the teachers lounge, grab an extra blanket and curl up on the couch. I just want to fall asleep. and when i wake up this will all be over. 

I suddenly had a strange craving for ice cream. 

Even though it was freezing outside, there were piles of snow, everything was frozen over I still had the weird craving to just eat of a tub of ice cream. I know, I sound like a fatty, but that's what I love to do. I guess a lot of people just eat away their problems? I really am one of those people then.

"Where are you going?" I heard Tristian yell as I continued walking down the hallway.

I forgot about my ice cream for a brief second, just enough to remember that Tristian was still here with me.Of course, of all the people I had to be trapped in school with, it just had to be him.It just had to be Tristian Pederson, the guy who thinks he has it all. He thinks he has everyone bowing down for him and ready to do anything he wants. He doesn't though. I'm the only kid in the whole school who hates him. 

So, of course I was snowed in. and stuck inside of the worst place imaginable, with my worst enemy, and my long lost best friend. 

Yes, we were best friends who became enemies. How cliche. 

"Where are you going?" I heard Tristian yell down the hallway again.

"To get ice cream!" I yelled out in my moment of anger and I mentally slapped myself for sounding so stupid.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

heey everyone!

so I had some trouble with this chapter, which is exactly why its taken me so long to post and its kind of short. 

I'm still working on it though so don't worry, you can still expect more to come hehe :)

--imlivingthegoodlife