A Game Of Cat and Mouse

Start from the beginning

A small pit formed in Eli's stomach, as he watched the people all around him casually strolling with thier morning moods and engulfed in their own activities.

We have to be extra careful here. He noted.

"I don't see any sign of Blakk's guards so far. Are you sure they're-"

A sudden blast perceived nearby their spot, followed by another imitate one.

Shock wave vibrated through the ground, indicating the closeness of the blow.

"Perhaps that gave you your answer." Kord replied to Trixie, pointing at the smoke emitting a few yards away.

The sight enough for Pronto to shrink in his meca and reconsidering his trip to this cavren.

"Come on gang lets move!" Eli ordered, roaring his meca's accelerator to pick up speed again.

Nearing to the blow, they slowed down. The semi vanished smoke allowing them to see what was happening without getting spotted.

"Mr Lockwood, you're clearly out numbered. Isn't it better to just accept Dr Blakk's demands and get this over with?"

"What your offering is truly unacceptable! You are assuming I would give you quater of the cavren's land!?"

"In case if you haven't noticed we are offering you a heavy load of monetary transaction in terms of the contract."

"I can't let you take over this place! What about the people living in that area? Where would they go?"

Lena rolled her eyes. "They have the sanction to to resettle where ever they want with the funds Dr Blakk is providing."

"You can't just expect them to pack it up and leave their homes like that. This is one of the very few cavrens remaining without Dr Blakk's marking on them. I simply wont allow it!"

"Fine then," She gritted. "Have it your way."

She signalled the goons behind her, firing ghouls at the man and the hired security guards that barriered him.

"Let me know if you change you mind." Lena walked past the goons, letting them do their jobs while she found a spot and to watch over the area.

They won't be able to stand for long, sooner or later he will have to sign the contract.
Subconsciously her breath hitched when the last night's conversation as well as her father's visage imaged in her head. He wont be disappointed, I'ill do it right.

An unanticipated blast hit the bottom rock she was standing on, making her topple on the ground with a loud thud.

The landing scrapping her knees roughly. "Gosh," she mumbled. "What th-"

Multiple shots from an unknown direction were heard.

She whipped her head back at the scenario to see the Shane gang quickly dominating the area, working side by Lockwood and his men.

How did I not notice them comin-

"Surprised?"

A voice all too familiar resound from behind and she repressed the urge to hold a sarcastic remark.

"Mr Shane." She resolved herself coming face to face with a blaster. "How are you this fine day?"

"Wonderful now that I've caught you by surprise." A small smirk played on his lips. While his eyes glinted with the usual determination she noticed everytime.

"Now now," She rested her finger tip on his blaster's cold edge, slowly pushing it down.  "Don't go so ahead of yourself pretty boy."

As if in a trance, his arms lowered his blaster, obeying her command.
It felt quite amusing to him seeing her to act ever so casual while being stuck at a gun point.