Chapter 2- An Eventful Monday

Hello.... My lovely readers. This chapter is dedicated to a friend because she was the one who suggested the song when I was brainstorming with her for a happy song to reflect the personality. Also, she's currently having a BTS craze so it's a BTS song.😁😁😁
Dims,this chapter is for you. ❤️
-----------------------------------------------------------

The next day, Shen Wei was staring intently at the wall clock ahead of him waiting for it to strlike 6.00 am on a Monday morning. When the minute hand reached 11 signalling 5.55 am he gave up. He got off the bed and strode towards the bathroom and looked into the mirror. He was unhappy, simply because he had dark circles under his eyes which distinctly resembles a panda. Although he loved pandas he knew that his boss at work surely would not. He let out a deep sigh.

"Maybe I should get some makeup to cover it up," he thought grazing his eyebags cautiously as if it would burst open if fondled roughly. He brushed his teeth, showered and got ready for work with black pants and a white t-shirt. Shen Wei then stalked towards his kitchen to make himself the strongest coffee so that he would not become lazy during the day. After replenishing his energy, he wore his sneakers and picked up his backpack which consists of his essentials and strode out of his apartment.

While closing his door he glanced at the cuts he made the night before, letting out a frustrated groan he walked back inside, grabbed an orange hoodie, and wore it. Walking out for the second time, his neighbor too walked out, smiling and whistling to the tune of "Dynamite". At the sight of Shen Wei, the boys' smile widened, and his eyes lit up but a few more seconds of observing and it depleted into a frown.

"Good morning Da Qing" Shen Wei spoke out faking a grin.

"Morning Wei had a rough night I see" Da Qing replied irritably.

Gripping tightly onto his back Shen Wei gritted out, "Oh I was awake playing games on my PS 4"

Da Qing eyed Shen Wei's form with suspicion while the latter was feeling uncomfortable for being the object of intense scrutiny. Another set of footsteps walking towards them stopped Da Qing midway and Shen Wei took the opportunity to sneak away with a nod.

At the sight of the bus stop, Shen Wei hesitated for a moment before he took a seat. Rummaging through his backpack he looked for the electronic device- his phone. Pulling it out he switched it on for the first time in two days and as always he had zero calls and messages but he had 25 emails. He winced internally. 'Could this day get any better' he thought to himself. He was done for. Staring mindlessly at his phone his thoughts seem to scatter, battling with the countless emotions that washed through him. Shen Wei was feeling utterly distressed at the fact that he might get rebuked for his ignorance. Eventually, he was brought out of his reverie at the blaring of the horn.

Noticing the bus he briskly got into it and sat near the window. Anyone who regards him would probably only see him quietly observing the view but the reality was much different. He was going through different versions of how he will be reprimanded for being careless.

At the arrival of his stop, Shen Wei got out and for a moment stared at the name board of his workplace. "Peking Publishing House" it read. Finally getting to his cubicle he walked in but to his misfortune his boss was leaning against the table, arms folded, glaring. Shen Wei attempted a smile but visibly paled when the glare increased. Shen Wei immediately spouted out apologies one after the other, his voice decreasing in volume ultimately ending in a whisper. Shen Wei was on the brink of tears, his head lowered in submission. This behavior shocked his boss, Zhang Kylin to the core. Hence, Zhang Kylin straightened himself and tapped on Shen Wei's shoulder lightly. The latter flinched from the contact which went unnoticed.

"Try and finish it by today Shen Wei" he stated with a strained voice and walked away with a clouded mind but glanced over his shoulder to notice the boy still in the same position.

When Shen Wei thought that trouble was over Zhang Kylin had plans to make his life even more miserable. "You look like a panda Shen Wei, not exactly what I was looking for when I signed you in on this job."

Shen Wei peeped at his boss over his shoulder, giving a quick nod he shut the door behind him and settled down on his chair and pulled out his laptop. For a while, it was quiet only the clicking of keyboards was counted as noise. But like a whiplash Zhang Kylin's shrill voice was chastising another worker.

Shen Wei was thankful for once that it was not him although his body still trembled due to the anger radiating from his boss. He didn't hear the entire exchange because whoever was getting reprimanded he sure didn't raise his voice so it was only Zhang Kylin's voice that can be heard questioning the worker as to why he was late and why he was acting so irresponsibly. Shen Wei felt distressed for whoever was being embarrassed. Without a moments thought he took off towards the boss's cubicle and knocked.

After a moments hesitation Zhang Kylin asked Shen Wei to come in. He knew it was him because he was the only one who would come forward and deviate the current toxic environment with a smile and pleading doe eyes. When he did walk in without a single glance at the perpetrator he directly turned his gaze on to Zhang Kylin and said, "Boss, I think you blamed him enough for the next few hundred years" with a hint of sarcasm.

-----------------------------------------------------------Guys Shen Wei became so sarcastic... I wonder why? Have a wild guess. 😏
With that I will take my leave.

Like it? Hate it? Let me know.
~Rovena