02 | medbay

🌼 ANGIE'S POV🌼
-----•-----
When I woke up, we were in a white room. "Oh god sis, you're finally awake!". I turned and saw Andy sitting next to me. I realised where I was. We were on the Skeld in the Medbay and I was in one of the beds. There were a few other crewmates in the beds in the room, all were unconscious. Fuchsia, Lemon and Brooke. Daisy was sitting on a chair next to her brother, holding onto his hand with a concerned look in her face. Her arm was bandaged up. We all had parts of our body bandaged up.

"The aliens managed to attack us but only a few of us managed to stay awake" Andy told me. "Me, Nutella and Pumpkin had to drag all of you here into Medbay and bandage you guys up". "Wh-Where are the others?" I asked him. "They're in the cafeteria" he said to me. "They woke up a few hours ago".

I tried standing up in bed, but my legs just kept on hurting. I pulled back the cover and looked at my bandaged leg. There were large brown splotches on the bandage so I assumed I was bleeding. "You can come to the cafeteria when you've finished recovering" Andy said to me and left the room. I stayed lying down in my bed, waiting for some of the other guys to wake up.
-----•-----
"Angie?" I heard a voice say. It was Fuchsia. "Y-You okay?". I tried to look up. His arm was bandaged up. "Not really" I told him. "My leg is pretty much hurting". "My arm's pretty much numb" he told me. "Can only move a few fingers". "I didn't actually expect aliens to come after us" I said to him. "Yeah, me neither" he told me. "Brother didn't tell me aliens existed" Daisy said to us. "Nobody told us aliens existed" Fuchsia sighed. There was a long silence between us.

I heard another one of us stir. Brooke. He sat up on bed and stared at us. He didn't have his glasses on so he couldn't see that we'll. "I-Is everyone alright?" he asked us. He was still trying to keep his leadership in order. "Nope" I said. "Of course we aren't" Fuchsia muttered. "Lemon won't wake up" Daisy told us.

"I need to get.. I need to get the hologram" Brooke gasped. He tried to get out of bed, but I expect the monsters got him in his leg. Brooke tried to look under the bed without getting out. He tried grabbing at whatever was under the bed, but obviously couldn't reach. "Eyy Daisy". He called over Daisy. "C-Can you get the disc under my bed". She got up from her chair and grabbed the disc from under his bed. She passed it over to Brooke.

"Oh thank god one of us isn't paralyzed" Brooke said and tapped a button on the disc. The disc opened and revealed a glitching hologram. "Captain? Captain!" he kept on saying. "Captain, do you hear me?". The hologram continued glitching.

"Danggit" he cursed under his breath. He tapped the button on the hologram and it closed. The attacks left me kind of dizzy, but I finally remember what that disk was. It was a special calling device so we could contact MIRAH HQ whenever we needed to. We obviously needed to contact them now, but the connections didn't seem to work.

"So, what do we do now we're trapped in Medbay?" Fuchsia asked us. He got up out of bed. At least it was easy for him, the aliens hadn't attack him in his legs. His right arm was bandaged up. "I don't know" I told him. "But tell the gang in the cafeteria that we're hungry and I want some oatmeal".

"Uhh, fine" Fuchsia said and walked out of the room. "So I guess we're a-alone now" Brooke sighed. "Just you, me, Lemon and his sister who probably shouldn't even be here". Daisy looked back at us. "He brought me because I was smart" she told us. "I was part of the junior program and I was smart". "MIRAH HQ will do anything just for space, even send kids there" I sighed. "They're practically simps for space".

Brooke giggled a little. "To be honest, th-that is very true". Fuchsia walked back into Medbay. He was holding a bag of cereal in his okay hand and a few of pouches of space ice cream in his other bandaged arm. "Here, catch" he said to me and threw the bag of cereal at me. He dropped the ice cream pouches onto his bed and tried opening one of the packets. He popped a block on Neapolitan ice cream into his mouth.

I would've expected for him to at least bring bowls but I just poured the cereal into my mouth straight out of of the bag. Fuchsia grabbed it off me when I was finished and walked over to Lemon. "Does your brother like cereal?" he said as he poured some cereal onto Lemon's face. "Snap, crackle and pop, baby". Lemon started stirring and he tossed in his bed. "Don't you like cereal Lemon?" he chuckled as he continued pouring cereal onto his face. "Fuchsia, what the hell are you doing?" Brooke asked him. Lemon opened his eyes and looked up at Fuchsia.

"Lemon! You're awake!" Daisy gasped and hugged him. The sound of cereal cracking could be heard. "I.." Lemon said and got up in his bed. His whole arm was bandaged up. "What the absolute hell happened here?". He looked at the cereal mess around him.

"You like cereal?" Fuchsia asked him. Lemon looked at him and chuckled. "Fuchsia, you little b*tch" he laughed. He grabbed the cereal bag off Fuchsia's hands and ate a few of the cereal. "Hey, no cursing in front of the child!" I pointed out. "I'm alright" Daisy told me. "Brother can curse, I just can't". Lemon passed the bag to Brooke.

Another person came into the room. Well, two actually. Vincent and Andy. "Oh, you guys woke up" Andy said to us. "And what exactly happened there?". Vincent pointed at Lemon's bed and the cereal mess. "Oh nothing" Brooke told him. He continued eating his cereal. "Daisy just spilled her cereal". Andy looked at us all. "Well, we're having a meeting soon in cafeteria" he told us. "Come in 15 minutes". He and Vincent walked out the room. "See ya later buds!" Vincent chuckled.

"Both of my legs are freaking broken!" I yelled. "How am I supposed to walk!?". "I can help you walk" Lemon offered. "I still have one arm to help you with". "I'll bring the hologram" Brooke said. "We might reach MIRAH HQ later". "I'll see y'all later" Fuchsia said to us. He walked out of the room. Daisy helped her brother out of his bed and Lemon walked towards me. He lifted me out of my bed and I used him as a support. My leg still ached hard. Brooke tried to get out of bed on his own. His leg made it difficult and Daisy even offered to help him, but he refused.

We all walked out of Medbay and to the Cafeteria. I could see the others there, all gathered round the table talking. "Hey guys!" Daisy yelled. "We're here!". Everyone looked back at us. We all had at least one part of our body bandaged up.

"Oh my god guys, you're okay!" Nutella gasped. She ran over to me and hugged me tight. Brooke hobbled over to the table and slammed his hologram disc onto the table. "We-We need to call MIRAH HQ" he told us. "Somebody go check C-Communications".

There was a churning feeling in my stomach. We were all feeling a bit nervous. What had just attacked us? Were we okay?

We aren't okay
-----•-----