18 | the end is nigh

🌻 DAISY's POV 🌻
-----•-----
Fuchsia's eyes changed. His usual compassionate and kind eyes turned evil and malicious. He lunged straight towards us.

I quickly dodged and rolled under the table. "What happened to Uncle Fuchsia!?" I yelled. One of the ghosts beckoned me to get out. I ran out from under the the table and ran out of the Cafeteria. I think I saw Uncle Fuchsia look around for me.

"He's the impostor!" Lemon told me. "Wait. Hallelujah! I can finally say his identity!!". A knife nearly hit me and clanged against the wall. I looked around. Fuchsia was there. "You can also see them!?" he shouted. "Fuchsia, I can explain!" I said before he aimed another knife.

I ran away and tried to find Nutella and Andy. "He never acted like this before!" I told Lemon. "He had the parasite in his body for far too long and it took over him," Brooke explained to me. "You're going to have to find more ways to get rid of him!".

I turned the corner into a hallway and ran into Nutella. "Daisy!". She grabbed hold of my hand and we ran together. "Andy told me we need to get to the Navigation room," Nutella told me. "Get your helmet and oxygen tank! We're going to Polus!".

She quickly pushed me into me and Lemon's bedroom and quickly ran away. I locked my door in case the impostor came in and put on my helmet and backpack. I remember in my Junior training that MIRAH HQ let some random guy called 'Polus' name a planet after himself. As I quickly strapped my oxygen tank on, somebody knocked on my door. I slowly backed away into my closet, leaving a small space for me to see who it was.

"Daisy!? Daisy!!" I heard someone yell. "Are you the- Oh f*ck!!". I heard Andy run away and somebody repeatedly yelling apologies in a demonic voice. I stepped out of the closet and ran out my room. Suddenly, the ship jerked to the side. I heard somebody quickly running towards where I was. I quickly ran away to the Navigation room and saw Nutella quickly punching in some code. She and Andy were there with their oxygen tanks and helmets on.

"Once we get on Polus, we need to get out and throw Fuchsia into the volcano," Andy told me. "What!?" I yelled. "But, Uncle Fuchsia-". "We need to," Nutella told me. "This isn't him. This is a parasite. This is the only wa-".

We saw Fuchsia stood in the doorway. He was.. crying. But he was holding a gun and a bunch of knives too. "Guys, dodge!" Andy yelled and pushed both me and Nutella out of the way. She held onto my hand and pulled me out of the room.

We sometimes hit the wall when the ship moved again. I just hoped that this would be over soon. The ship suddenly stopped moving and I looked out of the windows. We were in some pale violet and blue planet and there were a bunch of laboratories everywhere. We were on Polus.

"Come on!" I yelled to Nutella. She quickly headed towards the exit of the ship as I looked around for Fuchsia. He jumped out of a vent a few metres away from me, wearing his helmet and oxygen tank. "Yo, Uncle Fuchsia!" I shouted to him. "Follow me!!". He quickly got out of the vent and ran towards me. I ran towards the Hatch room and ran out of the tall, steel doors.
-----•-----
I stopped when I was near the volcano. I saw Uncle Fuchsia stagger towards me. Still holding his knife. I felt the heat of the lava radiate near me. Fuchsia stopped when he was near me.

"Fuchsia. Thanks for being here with me," I told him. "You're a great uncle, you know that". I saw his eyes light up a bit and he even smiled a bit. But then he jerked back, the parasite taking over again. He grabbed my wrist and twisted it. I yelled out in pain.

He grabbed onto my arm and let me dangle over the red, hot lava. My hair was in a mess now. His eyes were swelling with tears. "You're going to die the same way your brother did," he said to me. This.. wasn't him. It was a more demonic voice... "You killed Lemon.." I muttered. "You and Angie killed the others..". He looked down, kind of confused and anxious. "Sorry, Daisy". He then suddenly threw me back onto the ground. I was about to get back up when he placed his foot on my chest, knife raised above his head.

"Go kill me," I told him. "I'm better off with Lemon and my parents than in this world". He was about to thrust the knife into my chest when Andy hit him on the helmet with something. I quickly got up. Andy was holding a crowbar. I saw Nutella in the distance, running towards us. I looked back towards Fuchsia's body on the ground. He turned and scowled at me. Suddenly, I had grabbed Fuchsia's helmet and slammed his head against the hard ground.

"Son of a b*tch!" I shouted and continued slamming his head into the ground. I didn't even want to kill him, but I had to. Andy and Nutella watched from a distance as I let all my anger out. I stopped after a while. I was breathing hard. And Fuchsia wasn't moving... Was he dead?

I turned him over and looked at his face. He looked beaten and was bleeding with glass all over the place. I covered my mouth. I felt a tight knot in my stomach. I killed someone that was close to me... I felt tears pricking my eyes.

"Come on, kid," Andy told me. "We gotta-". Suddenly, the mouth on Fuchsia'a torso opened up and its tongue ripped my arm. It tightened it's grip on my arm and I felt like I was going to die.

I quickly got up and kicked Fuchsia's body over the edge of the volcano. The parasitic tongue was still gripping on tight. Nutella ran over to us with a knife in her hand. "Nutella, wait!" I yelled to her. She suddenly stopped in her tracks. I knelt down near to Fuchsia's dangling body and quickly grabbed his hairclip.

"Now!" I yelled to Nutella. She slashed the parasitic mouth with the knife and Fuchsia's body fell into the lava. I turned away and covered my eyes. After all I've been through, I don't think I can get used to another funeral. The tongue fell off my arm and flopped against the ground. My suit had been torn and I saw that my arm was purple and... and...

I collapsed down onto the ground, still grasping onto Fuchsia's hairclip. "Daisy!?". "Is she alright??". "Holy cow, we need to get her back home".

I felt myself getting carried in one of their arms back onto the Skeld. My vision was dancing before my eyes. I was passing out... I held onto Fuchsia's hairclip. I was lowered down onto my bed, my arm still hurting. "We're going to get you back to Earth, okay?" Nutella told me. "We'll make sure MIRAH does a good operation on that arm of yours". She kissed me on the forehead and walked out.

As much as I hate those alien parasites.. I couldn't just let go of my own parasite. That means I wouldn't be able to...

"Daisy?" I heard a voice say. Fuchsia was beside me. Of course, as a ghost. The other ghosts were there too. I had just noticed how much people had died. Lemon walked over to me and held my hand. "I promised to get you out alive," he told me. "I love you".  "I won't forget you," I told him. "I won't forget any of the others.. I love y..."