Chapter 19 Part 6: Identity of the Richest Man Activated

This was also the first time Bai Zhen Zhen saw the word "overbearing" in Huo Xiang.

"They say it's better to destroy a temple than to destroy a marriage. In the early hours of the morning, President Leng came to the Bureau of Civil Affairs to obstruct other people's happiness, do you have any conscience?" The corner of Huo Xiang's mouth rose faintly, he was obviously smiling, yet the words he said made people apprehensive.

Leng Hao Chen didn't yield to his opponent either, sneering: "You haven't done the procedures yet, she's still free, anyone can pursue her."

"Pursue her?" Huo Xiang asked back, surrounding Bai Zhen Zhen's shoulders as he lifted his chin, "Sorry to have troubled you, President Leng, I will now make it clear. Zhen Zhen is already my woman, even if we don't do the procedures for a lifetime, no one can stop us from loving each other."

"You---" Leng Hao Chen clenched his fist, looking like he was going to hit Huo Xiang in the face.

Huo Xiang didn't back down in the slightest, leaning his face closer instead: "Want to hit me? Come on ah! Right here right now, even if you beat me to death, I will absolutely not let go of Zhen Zhen's hand!"

After saying this, Huo Xiang held Bai Zhen Zhen's fingers firmly.

Bai Zhen Zhen looked at him flabbergasted and with concern.

She had never wanted to meet head-on with these people, and even more, she also didn't want Huo Xiang to be implicated as a result.

But Huo Xiang had stood up so bravely, Bai Zhen Zhen didn't want to back down anymore.

She controlled her expression and said to Leng Hao Chen: "President Leng, it's useless to try to force something that is not meant to be. Huo Xiang and I are in love, if you insist on interfering, I can only call the police. I am just a young girl unknown to the public, I am not worried, but you are a person with status, at that time, I'm afraid it won't be good for you and your company."

Seeing Bai Zhen Zhen with such an unyielding attitude, going as far as talking about "calling the police", veins appeared in Leng Hao Chen's forehead for a moment, and his emotions reached the extreme.

"What's so good about him? In the end, what is it that I can't compare with him? Why would you rather pick him over me?! You stupid woman!!" Leng Hao Chen roared loudly.

Facing a Leng Hao Chen with the rims of his eyes red, Bai Zhen Zhen sighed in her heart.

It wasn't easy for this male lead either. If he hadn't met a heroine like her, this confession right now would have been successful.

But Bai Zhen Zhen also thought that in the original book, when those malicious women had schemed to frame the original owner, the male lead was suspicious and didn't trust her, to the extent that the original owner had been in danger many times. Bai Zhen Zhen felt she didn't wrong him doing it like this.

"President Leng, I am sorry, I ask you to please respect us." Bai Zhen Zhen apologized symbolically.

Then she gave Huo Xiang a meaningful glance.

Huo Xiang took her hand, and the two walked forward together. But the men in black were still in front of them blocking them, they wouldn't move an inch without Leng Hao Chen's command.

Huo Xiang stopped his steps and turned around to look at Leng Hao Chen: "President Chen, if you don't let your men step aside, I will call the police."

Leng Hao Chen clenched both hands into a fist, but didn't say a word, pondering.

Without any other option, Huo Xiang fished out his cell phone.

But before he could dial the number, a white Audi stopped at the roadside.

"Hao Chen!"

Bai Zhen Zhen and Huo Xiang followed the voice.

From the car came down a young woman with long hair wearing a light purple muslin dress.

She had a small and delicate oval face, a shiny jet-black straight hair trailing down her shoulders, a pair of clear black eyes showing a faint light. Her skin was completely white, her cheeks smeared with a bit of blush, with very exquisite makeup.

In this split second, the name "Song Ling" immediately appeared in Bai Zhen Zhen's mind.

Although Bai Zhen Zhen had never seen her in person, Bai Zhen Zhen felt that the original book's Song Ling should look like this.

After seeing Song Ling, Bai Zhen Zhen finally understood her stepsister's "good intentions."

** **

"Why did you come?" Leng Hao Chen was very surprised by Song Ling's abrupt appearance.

Before Song Ling had time to reply, she heard a clear voice.

"Are you Miss Song?" Bai Zhen Zhen asked.

Song Ling was startled, and she nodded at Bai Zhen Zhen's question: "Hello, I'm Song Ling--- do you know me?"

Bai Zhen Zhen smiled at her: "I am Bai Zhen Zhen. I do not know you, but I have heard about you."

"So you're Bai Zhen Zhen..." Song Ling's tone showed a bit of bewilderment.

As she spoke, she looked at Bai Zhen Zhen cautiously.

Bai Zhen Zhen knew what she was thinking.

"I am sure Miss Song has already heard my name, right?" Bai Zhen Zhen paused, then added, "as well as something about some love-hate relationship between me and President Leng?"

Footnotes:

1: alluding to the idiom 宁拆十座庙,不毁一桩婚 - to rather destroy ten temples than a single marriage.
2: 强扭的瓜不甜 - idiom, lit. if you have to use force to break a melon off the vine, it won't taste sweet (because it's only when the melon is ripe that it can be removed with just a slight twist).