Chapter 8 Part 2: Suddenly urged to marry

"Zhen Zhen, you have already grown up and are sensible. Dad and mom don't need to worry about your work... Now ah, the most important is to find a boyfriend quickly, get married soon, and settle down. This way, your mom and I will have peace of mind... "

Father Bai's sentence spoke exactly the words in Yang Suping's heart. She always lived by the idea of "having a good job is not as good as marrying into a good family."

Her former husband's situation was very good, and the days at that time passed comfortably. It was a pity that she gave birth to a daughter and wasn't liked by her mother-in-law. Later, when her former husband died, that mean mother-in-law snatched the family property, and there was nothing left for herself and her daughter.

If it wasn't because she needed to remarry, she would by no means be with Bai Zhen Zhen's father.

"That's right ah, Zhen Zhen, how many times have I said it already? You need to find a man to marry early when you're young, someone whose salary is much better than yours! It's best if you can find a man from a wealthy family. It's not important whether you hold a wedding or not, the most important is he can give you allowance for household expenditures and take care of your father, isn't it!" Yang Suping continued from Father Bai's words.

Father Bai frowned: "Suping, what you said is wrong, marriage is for a lifetime. How can it be only because of money?" Then looked at Bai Zhen Zhen again, "Zhen Zhen, your mom wants you to let you live a good life, but the family conditions are not the most important. The most important is that he treats you sincerely, this way dad will feel reassured to hand you over to him."

Bai Zhen Zhen held her forehead. In the real world, she was urged by her parents asking about her boyfriend. Now that she was in this 'experience for yourself' world, unexpectedly she still couldn't escape this curse.

"Dad, I have a plan in mind, don't worry about it."

Yang Suping suddenly thought of the boss who had come to the hospital the day before and asked: "Hey, Zhen Zhen, that big boss that wanted to hire you as his secretary, is he interested in you or not ah?"

Huo Xiang crossed his legs on the neighboring bed and curiously glanced at Yang Suping, gnawing a piece of watermelon: "Oh! A big boss?"

"Don't say nonsense, people like the big boss, how could he be interested in me!" Bai Zhen Zhen glanced at Yang Suping.

At this moment, Yang Suping's face was like a brothel's owner from ancient times selling girls in the brothel.

"Yeah, it doesn't matter if it is in appearance or academic qualifications, your sister is much better than you, how could that big boss take a fancy to you?!" Yang Suping chuckled, and suddenly her mind started running wild, "Hey, could it be that the big boss fell for Mengru, but he was embarrassed to declare his feelings, so he approached her family on purpose?! "

Bai Zhen Zhen replied seriously: "Then he should ask you to be the secretary ah, you're the person with the closest relation to her after all."

"Yeah, that's right..." Yang Suping muttered to herself. "Is he looking for the wrong person ah? Maybe he didn't know you are not Mengru's blood-related sister..."

Bai Zhen Zhen: "..."

Father Bai glimpsed at Yang Suping, his mouth pursed into a line, somewhat unhappy: "Don't talk about the big boss, I don't think he is any good, Xiao Huo is much better!"

At the sudden cue, Huo Xiang lifted his head from eating melon at the side. His face expression said "I don't dare," but actually in his mind, he was smugly thinking he must grasp this.

"Father Bai, you joke, how could I compare to the big boss ah..."

"How can you not compare? I think that compared to him you look better and also have a better personality, I immediately came to like you!" Father Bai spoke righteously, then he narrowed his eyes and looked at Huo Xiang, "That... Xiao Huo ah, do you have a girlfriend?"

Bai Zhen Zhen: ???

Footnotes:

1: Xiao (小) – Xiao means 'little'. Both Xiao and Ah are used before a name in order to express closeness or intimacy. Frequently used with loved ones, family and children/younger people, especially with females. Another similar endearing way to call someone is to repeat their given name.