Chapter 21 Part 2: Face-slapping the Whole Family

Huo Xiang, Bai Zhen Zhen and Father Bai walked in front, while Yang Suping and her daughter slowed down and followed from behind.

Curious, Yang Suping asked her daughter in a low voice: "What happened just a moment ago? Why does your complexion look not quite right?"

Bai Mengru added oil and vinegar* as she recounted what had happened.

As she talked, she was choking with sobs: "Mom, how can my sister have changed to be like this...? She's so fast to immediately belittle and ridicule me..."

When Yang Suping heard it, she ground her teeth trembling in anger: "Good, Bai Zhen Zhen, how dare you treat my daughter like this!"

However, taking Huo Xiang's current identity and status into consideration, she didn't dare to ask Bai Zhen Zhen this question aloud, so she could only bare her fangs at their backs.

"Mom, when you called me earlier why did you say that our family is going to flourish in riches and honor by relying on older sister? As I see it, even if it's flourishing, at most it would be dad having a comfortable life. In my sister's eyes, she doesn't regard us as family at all. She'd be happy if we suffer from bad luck!" Bai Mengru said, feeling wronged.

Listening to Bai Mengru's analysis, Yang Suping felt it made sense.

"Yes oh, how could I be so muddled for a moment ah!" Yang Suping carefully pondered, "Bai Zhen Zhen is not my flesh-and-blood daughter, even if she marries into a rich family, I might not get even some scraps ah! "

"Not only that, but I'm afraid she will change and humiliate us..." Bai Mengru added softly.

Yang Suping believed it was true, and said bitterly: "I said that this Bai Zhen Zhen has recently changed faces, before she pretended to call me mom, putting on an appearance of being filial, but these last few days she abruptly started calling me "auntie", not showing me any face anymore! I think she already knew about Huo Xiang's identity for some time, and knowing that she was about to fly to a higher branch and become a phoenix, she revealed her true colors!

Bai Mengru sighed: "Ai, I really didn't expect older sister to be this kind of person..."

Yang Suping's eyes flashed a few shreds of ruthlessness, and secretly tugged at Bai Mengru's hand, saying: "Mengru, we can't let Bai Zhen Zhen continue to be so arrogant! The more she wants to draw a line with us, the more we need to tear down her marriage! When that time comes, let's see if she'll be so smug then!"

"Mom, that's no good... I can see that Young Master Huo Xiang is also quite fond of older sister..." Bai Mengru feigned hesitation.

"What do you know! There's not a man that stays single-minded! Not to mention, he liked Bai Zhen Zhen when his household was in dire straits. Now that he has a wealthy family, how can they be the same?

While the mother and daughter were talking quietly, they unknowingly reached the door to the private room.

Yang Suping said again: "Don't worry, just stay still and watch the changes later, see how I deal with her!"

Footnotes:

1: 添油加醋 - it. to add oil and vinegar, fig. adding details while telling a story to make it more interesting. owo had never seen this idiom but me likes it^^.