Chapter 25: The Plane

(Sophie POV)

I handed the lady my ticket and stepped onto the plane. I found my seat and started to lift my suitcase to put in the upper compartment. A tall, young man came over and tried to help me, but I picked it up and slid it in no problem. He blushed and hurried back to his seat. When everything was settled down, I blasted my favorite songs through my AirPods. The flight was long, but easy.

Soon enough, the plane landed and everyone shuffled off. I felt queasy, but I was not about to puke in front of all of these people. I wrapped my arms around my chest, forgetting how cold Maine was. I shivered and desperately wished to be back home in my comfortable San Francisco home. Then, I put a picture of the handsome boy in my head that reminded me why I was here in the first place. I then took a bus to Portland, clueless of which city he could be in. Knowing Keefe, he would probably pick the place that most people have heard of. And... that's how I decided on Portland.

I strolled through the streets, window shopping. This would've been much more fun with Biana, but this is what I got and this is what I'll work with. I walk into a winter clothing store and purchase a hat and some gloves. I chose a light gray hat with a pom pom on the top because that was the least vibrant color there. The gloves hugged my fingers warmly and I immediately felt warmer. I walked into a department store and asked the man at the counter a question that I knew was impossible to answer. "Hi um, would you happen to know someone named Keefe Sencen?" I tugged out an eyelash. "Young lady, do you think-" "Sorry, yeah that's stupid. Thank you uh thank you bye!" I mumbled, dashing out the door. This was going to be harder than I thought.