thirty eight: grasshopper

3 DAYS UNTIL THE PARTY

iris

Fuck. Fuck, fuck, fuck.

I screwed it all up, I am a horrible human being. I am the worst person alive, even worse than Hitler, more cruel than my sister. And that's a lot. I couldn't even sleep last night, knowing that my best friend is mad at me.

Maybe I should just move?

Well, New York has always been an option for me. I've always wanted to move there, and just settle down there. Graduation is only a month away, and I could possibly have it earlier. It is a possibility here. Plus, the dean favours me. I just need to come up with a really good excuse.

I could graduate earlier, get my degree, and get the fuck out. Sounds like a pretty good plan. I also hate graduations, the super long speeches are a bore, the crying parents are usually too emotional, the professors standing in the corner and smiling to themselves are too creepy. So, graduations are not my thing.

Then, I could forget everything. Especially, Luke. God, I really need to forget about him. Maybe, start fresh. Ignore all my other friends (How nice of me) and just befriend new ones.

Good plan, Iris.

Just as I was about to head out, my phone buzzed in my pocket. Weird, why would someone be texting me? Only Michael texts me, and he's really pissed at me right now.

mountain ash: WHY ARE YOU AND MICHAEL FIGHTING

mountain ash: DONT FIGHJT

mountain ash: I AM ASHTON THE PEACE MAKER

iris: shut up u ass we are not fighting

Thanks Ashton. I was just about to ask some professors if I could graduate early, and now my plans are delayed. Remind me to jab Ashton's eyes out with a fork the next time I see him.

mountain ash: listen up u get ur nasty ass over here and make up NOW

iris: fuckin' speak to me like that n ill shave all your hair off

mountain ash: iris baby please get your cute ass over because ur cute and im cute and everyone is cute so come to the coffee shop now

iris: k thanks

I smirk to myself and laugh a little, because I'm funny to myself. I also laugh at my own texts, because no one does. I am a lonely person, y'know. It isn't exactly a long walk to the coffee shop, and actually, I haven't had my shift in a while since I had a short break (more like a 2 week break).

[skip her walking bc boring as heck]

The coffee shop is empty, except for Michael smoking a cigarette and Ashton sitting across from him, it seems as if Ashton is trying his best to strike up a conversation, but Michael doesn't give two shits. Typical Michael.

"Oh, my. I need to use the bathroom, right now; like now." Ashton says, as he gets up from his seat almost knocking it over. I sigh knowing he's purposely leaving, because I arrived.

Michael shoots him a look, and Ashton shrugs. "I have diarrhoea, man." Ashton the scurries off, but instead, the dumbass runs into the kitchen instead of the bathroom. Nice job, Ash.

"That's the kitchen, you idiot!"

Ashton bursts out, after he hears Michael yell out and he (finally) went into the right room this time, so I took this as my cue to walk in the small place and awkwardly cough.

I expected Michael to scowl at me, glare at me, or just simply ignore me but he looks up at me and gives me a wide grin as he puts out his cigarette. He stands up and wraps his arms around me, and I don't know what to do because he's acting strangely.

One moment he's mad at me, the next he's happy?

"Iris! I'm glad you came," His voice is full of happiness, but it isn't forced or fake. It's the usual 'Michael bubbly happiness' he was the cutest when he was happy about something. He would talk about something he really likes, and his voice gets all excited and high pitched and then he would realise he's speaking to loud and use his normal voice again. Then, the cycle goes on again.

"Uh, you too." My voice comes out awkward, and more of a question because what. the. hell. I don't know what's going on. Why is he so happy? I mean I swear he wanted to stab me yesterday.

"Why aren't you angry?" I asked him, and he just laughed. We both sat back down on our chairs, and he leaned back, the chair almost tripping over. I swear, I was scared for his life right now. The chair looked like it was going to topple over anytime soon.

He shrugs lightly at me, "Why would I be angry?"

An uneasy smile makes it way on my face, I don't know what to say. Michael is just so so strange. He's like this puzzle, waiting to be put together. Woah, that sounded deep.

"Oh, right. Yesterday. You see, Iris, my young grasshopper. I taught you a lesson. Did you spend all night thinking about what I said yesterday?" I nod at his words, and he grins.

"Ah, so now you understand what your flaws are. And now, you know what to fix. Aren't I genius? I'm such a great sensei. So, did you think about how you could change your ways of being a selfish person?" Again, I nodded.

"Okay, lesson one; you passed. Congratulations young grasshopper, you have successfully completed the first task. I am proud of you." He puts his hand on my shoulder, and my eyes widened.

"You faked being mad at me? What the hell Michael!" I yell, and he doesn't even flinch. He stays in his seat, and continues grinning.

"Well, yeah."

"I hate you."

"I taught you a lesson."

Okay, good point. He did teach me a lesson, I spent all night thinking about his words. And, holy shit, it did impact me. At least I know Michael isn't truly upset at me, that wouldn't be good.

Ashton's head soon pops out of the bathroom, and he grins when he sees us not ripping each other's hair off. He strolls to us, and wipes his hand on his jeans leaving a nasty stain. God knows what he was doing there.

"Hey, thing one, and thing two." He greets us, as he pulls a seat near us and sits on it. Michael grins at him and speaks out a enthusiastic 'hey!' While I just give him a small smile.

He's grinning so widely, and I wonder what made him this happy. How is he always so cheery? I need some tips. "What were you doing in the bathroom?" I ask, and his grin fades away.

"The real question here, is; did you guys make up?" He asks, as he attempts to change the subject in such a poor manner.

Michael smirks, and leans back on his chair running his fingers through his hair, which was now black with a green streak in it, by the way. It looked sort of like seaweed. "We'll tell you, if you tell us what you were doing in there." Ashton cocks his head to the side, then nods slowly.

"We made up," I say, and the grin reappears on Ashton's face. He doesn't know that Michael wasn't mad at me in the first place, but he doesn't need to know that, right?

"Okay, maybe. Maybe, I was jerking off there, who knows?"

-

lol @ ashton jerking off

doing a luke pov next yippee and also i would rly appreciate it if u guys commented on the chapters bc i love reading comments !!