thirty four: christmas

34: christmas
Iris Rose;

I woke up due to the bright light hitting my eyes, I lifted my hand to try and block the light but no such luck. Of course, I forget to close the blinds so the sunlight is just slightly peeking through it.

My body is not used to waking up at this early hour, so my actions are sorta sluggish, it's as if I'm a walking zombie. I shut the blinds, but for some reason I couldn't sleep again.

Great, this is why I never wake up early.

It was eerily quiet, I don't even remember if Luke left or not. Heck, I don't even know if he left. I immediately ran into my room after the incident. And the rest of the night was spent reading fanfics.

The door creaked open, and I peeked out of it. Seeing a small basket in front of the door. Curiosity filled me and I picked it up and shut the door, sitting down on the floor.

Inside the basket was a small jar of cookies, a tiny box, and a letter. This boy is doing it right. It also better be chocolate chip cookies, or I'm not keeping them.

I opened up the tiny box and there was a bracelet inside, I examined it and it looked like it cost a fortune. It was beautiful, though. Small tiny jewels decorated the bracelet, and it looked like diamonds? I wasn't so sure.

The letter was sitting in the basket, and I debated with myself whether to read it or not, and so I started reading it. Because, well; curiosity killed the cat.

to rainbow girl,

hi there, it's kinda weird for me to write this right now, since you don't want to talk to me i guess. but i left someone gifts for you in the basket, and i wanted to say merry christmas.

i know you never got along with your sisters so i stayed to keep you company, and hopefully treat you to christmas lunch? you always thought i would prefer serena over you. but you are 100% WRONG.

iris, god. you mean so much to me, you don't even know. i just really want to make you happy but i don't know how. if i could i'd buy one direction for you, cause you really like that band right?

just, the thought of you makes me happy. and being with you is just even better, i know people prefer serena over you but i say fuck them. you're the better one, you're way fucking better. don't listen to them, and keep doing your own thing and i guess that's writing fanfictions, and being on the internet.

but always know that to me, you're the better twin.

yours truly, luke legendary hemmings

p.s legendary is not my middle name :-)

I purse my lips and bite my lip, trying to hide the smile. It was such a thoughtful gesture of him, and I can't help but think; does he really care? Do I really mean something to him?

With these gifts and this cute letter, I have a small glint of hope inside me that's screaming out 'he cares about you' and I can't help but think that, maybe it is true.

Now this is a Christmas Miracle.

*:・゚✧

"Want a Christmas cookie?"

I nod my head softly at Luke's offer, and receive a small cookie which was shaped as a snowman. I munch on the cookie, as Luke eats his own penguin shaped cookie. It's kind of odd that out of the entire plate of cookies, he's only eating the penguin shaped ones.

"Did you make these?" I ask him, and he nods shooting me a grin. The cookies were alright, but there's was this really odd taste in them and frankly, it was bothering me.

I scrunch my face up and put my unfinished cookie down, "Luke, why do these taste kinda weird?" I question, and he pops the whole cookie in his mouth as he chews it.

"I added a special ingredient,"

"Oh, what was it?"

"Vinegar,"

My eyes widened and I stare at the cookies in disgust, I hate vinegar so freaking much. I probably hate it more than mayonnaise, if that's even possible.

"I need to go cleanse my mouth," I announce, as I reach over and grab my glass of lemonade, checking to see if it was beer first (don't want to make that mistake again) then chugging it down.

Luke cocks his head at me, as he leans back and eats another one of those demon cookies. "What's wrong with these cookies? They taste heavenly." He spoke, and I shuddered.

"They're cookies from hell!" I exclaimed, throwing my hands up, I felt that I was being too harsh on him, but he shrugged lightly at me so I suppose that's a good sign?

"Okay, whatever. Anyways, are you sending your family a Christmas card or something?" He asked me, and I shake my head at him.

Ha, I will not send a card to my family since they showed absolutely no effort of trying to communicate with me, like I said before. They don't care about me, at all.

"Nah, are you?"

He shook his head slowly, and gave me a small smile. "Nope, I haven't communicated with them in a while. But I see my brother around sometimes."

I nod my head at his response. God, I wish I could just break off all communication with my family, that would be great. And I also need lots of space from my sister, she's an evil witch.

I soon realise that I haven't got Luke a Christmas present and I start to feel really guilty, because he got me such a great gift and yet, he got nothing from me.

"Luke, what do you want for Christmas?" I ask him, and he looks up at me that small smirk creeping up on his lips. I let out a sigh, bracing myself for his ridiculous answer.

"Megan Fox."

-

hey there pixies

my updates will b really crappy (lmao when r they not) because i just started school [cue children screaming] so ya but ill try my best to update often because i love u all

but they will probably b lots of mistake because unedited and yes so bare with me :))

p.s i've been watching skins too much lmao