We messed around for a little while, taking various different pictures before I found one I liked, quickly uploading it to Instagram. 

liked by miniminter, sophhx, freyanightingale and others

@taliamar: might keep @miniminter around for more photos like these

@miniminter: Up my pay or I'll go on strike. 

     @taliamar: bye then i guess

@sophhx: u look so good YESSS if simon ever does anything i will gladly snatch u up

     @taliamar: noted, simon don't fuck up now!!!

@freyanightingale: YOU LOOK GORGEOUS I WANT THIS LOOK TO RETURN. 

     @taliamar: oh you already know it will!!!!

load 1037 more comments 

"People online are genuinely going to think we hate each other," I laughed, logging out of Instagram for now. I didn't want my phone to keep sounding tonight, no, tonight I needed to make a good impression for Simon's parents. 

"Nah, it's all jokes though. Can't have my rep ruined now, can I?" He teased, making his London accent more prominent. 

"Oh, absolutely shut up. Stop with the heavy accent, posh boy," I joked, pinching him gently in the side. "You're just scared of being exposed for a big fat romantic simp of a boyfriend!"

"Am not!" he argued back. 

"Alright then, what are rep are you scared of ruining? Are you hiding an entire personality from me?" I challenged, putting a hand on my hip jokingly. 

"Okay, alright, fine, you got me. Can't let the other boys know I'm too whipped for you."

"Oh so this is a boys thing! Got you. Simp!" I added in, making it a little louder, knowing that the other guys were just across the hall. 

"Talia Mar, you will be the death of me," he said through gritted teeth, the two of us leaving his room, starting to make our way to meet his parents. 

-

We ended up being the first people there at the restaurant. To my delight - yes, you've guessed it, it was an Italian restaurant! 

"Okay, so maybe now I'm a little nervous," I admitted to Simon, who was keeping a watchful eye on the door. 

"Don't say that now, you're not helping me nerves," he chuckled quietly, but his hand found its way to mine and gave it a little squeeze, and it was all the reassurance I needed. "Okay, alright don't panic but they're here - holy shit, all four of them!"

I turned to him quickly. "Simon. What do you mean all four of them? I thought I was just meeting your parents?" I asked, my heart rate increasing rapidly. But out of the corner of my eyes I could see them walking closer, realising that now was not the time to be freaking out. 

"Mum! Dad! Nick and Johnny! This is Talia, Talia these are my parents and my brothers," he introduced, smiling and looking between us. 

"Talia? Hi! I'm Jane, Simon's mum! And this is Andrew, Simon's dad. And this is Nick and Johnny," she smiled, pointing across to the three men. 

"Hi! It's lovely to meet you all, really," I said, thinking on my feet. I realised how much younger I was than everyone else here now.  

"Shell we sit down, then?" His mum said, alerting all of us from our still standing positions. I sat back down next to Simon, and his Mum decided to come and sit down next to me too. 

"So, Talia. Tell us a little about yourself, what do you do? How'd you meet Simon?" She asked. 

"Mum!" Simon called out, looking - horrified? Embarrassed? I wasn't sure how I'd describe it. "Please don't scare away the one girl that is actually willing to give me a chance, come on now!"

"I was only asking because I care!" She protested, waving her arms around the air. So that was where Simon got it from!

"No, no! I don't mind. My line of work is actually pretty similar to Simon's, I make YouTube videos too, but I focus more on makeup and singing," I explained, and all three of them looked genuinely interested. 

"I actually met Simon because of -"

"She came to the house to do a video with some of us. That's how we met," he interrupted, ignoring my confused expression. I was going to say because I was doing a video with Sophie - speaking of, it seemed weird they hadn't mentioned her yet. She was their daughter. 

"Well, yeah, anyway. I came to the house, and then I met Simon and I came back a couple of times and it kind of just went from there," I said politely, still confused as to why Simon interrupted, but choosing to move on. 

"Well isn't that just adorable! Do you mind if I ask how old you are?"

"Mum!" Simon hissed, and I let out an awkward laugh. 

"No, I don't mind at all. I turned twenty one in November," I said coolly, answering her question. 

"So too young for children anytime soon then?" She pried, and if I had been drinking, it would've been spat out everywhere. 

"Mum, that's it. Can we go outside? For a quick chat?" Simon asked, standing up and waiting until she'd have to agree with it. 

They left, leaving me with his Dad and two brothers. 

"I'm sorry about my wife. She can be...a bit persistent. It's just that, Simon's never actually had a girlfriend before, so she's very excited. She wouldn't stop talking about meeting you on the way here. She's just overexcited, I promise. She's not trying to be rude," he explained. 

"No! Don't worry about it at all, the question just came as a surprise! And to answer it, no children for a while. But it's definitely something I'd think about in the future!" I say with a smile. 

A waitress came over, taking our orders and waiting by the side until Simon and his Mum returned, and then taking theirs too. 

"Talia, I'd just like to quickly apologise if my questions were too straightforward, and I'd -"

"Mrs Minter-"

"- call me Jane."

"Okay, Jane, please don't worry about it at all. I really didn't take offence, it was just a shock! Everything is good, Simon, leave your poor mother alone!" I teased, and he raised his arms in defence. 

"What have you done to him? The lad is completely whipped!" Nick chimed in, and we shared a quick grin. 

They didn't even know the half of it.