Chapter 37

enjoy this wholesome chapter with goofy and romantic simon,, it made me v happy writing it

"Three! Two! One!" We shouted, saying goodbye to the year, and instead hello to 2018. 

The house was crowded, having hosted the annual New Years Eve party. Although, it had only just turned midnight, which was when the party really started. 

I was currently listening to Isobel tell a story about something or other in the living room with the rest of the girls - I wasn't really interested. Half of us were flat out drunk, and the others were just a little tipsy. I hadn't had much to drink so far, but from what I see Simon definitely had. I knew for a fact I'd be the one having to put him to bed tonight. 

"Talia - Talia, did you hear what I was saying?" Isobel asked, flashing me a sloppy - and very drunken smile. 

"No, sorry, I didn't, was it something important?" I asked kindly, laughing when she stared at me, her face empty. She really was out of it. 

"Yeah, Isobel, I think I'm going to see if I can find Tobi. He can sit with you or something," I chuckled, leaving her with Freya and Elouise, they were drunk too, but not as far gone as Isobel. 

I knew Tobi would be sober, for the reason that he didn't even like alcohol. He didn't go near the stuff. 

He was hanging out with Josh, in the corridor by the DJ booth they had hired. 

"Tobi! Tobi! Hey!" I shouted over the music, trying to get his attention. He didn't seem to hear this, but when I started waving my arms around in a frenzy it finally caught his eye. 

"Talia! Hey, what's up?" He asked coolly, leaning against the wall. 

"Isobel is...very drunk and I just thought it would be nice if you were there, or at least if you knew, I don't know. I'd want someone to tell Simon if I was in that state," I said sheepishly, pointing over to the living room when he asked where she was. He called back a quick thank you before disappearing round the corner. 

I went to follow him before Josh tapped me on the shoulder. I could practically smell the alcohol on his breath, he was very drunk. 

"Talia. I have a question to ask you. And I need your help," he said, surprisingly manage to speak his words as articulately as ever. 

"Sure, what's up?"

"I'm going to ask Freya to marry me tonight. Whaddayouthink?" There was the slight slur becoming prevalent. 

"Josh - what? No, bad idea, no...you're very drunk and you aren't thinking this through, you guys always said you were taking things slow, don't ask her anything stupid while you're this drunk!" I protested, but it didn't seem to register in his mind, instead just giving me a half assed (drunken) smile. 

"Joshua Bradley, promise me you aren't going to ask Freya to marry you," I warn him, staring him down. I'm not really sure what I expected that to do, but it didn't work anyway. 

Was I really going to have to physically separate the two of them? It was like I had become a babysitter all in the space of five minutes. 

However, like the angel she was, Emily came trotting over to me. She was the only other person that was semi sober, also not too huge on the whole alcohol deal. 

"Everything alright? Noticed you didn't come back then I saw you with Josh...you look kinda stressed," she confessed, looking between the pair of us. 

"That is a great observation. I am very stressed. Josh thinks he's going to propose to Freya tonight," I said in an elevated tone, raising my eyebrow as if to say please help me. She seemed to understand.