Vampires

What? I was gonna laugh like it was a joke but.. it all made sense.

"V-Vampies?" I asked, stumbling on my words.

Was that why he took me away from Jacob? So they could eat me? Wth!!

"No." Edward answered my thoughts.

Can he read minds?

"Yes"

"Oh."

I started to sweat.

Were they gonna eat me? Would I taste good? That's besides the point Y/N...

Edward laughed. "We're not going to eat you, Y/N."

I sighed in relief, trusting that he wasn't lying.

Carlisle told me how Edward, Alice, and Jasper have speacial powers and all, he told me about the Quilette Reservation and how Jacob was a part of it, purposely leaving out some important details.

He told me how they were cold to the touch, he told me that I... smelt good?

The last thing he told me was how they were vegetarian Vampires, which honestly he should have told me first.

There was a moment of silence as they all waited for me to process the information.

"Ok!" I finally spoke up. They all looked at me puzzled, like I was supposed to freak out and run out of the door screaming.

"That's all?" Edward asked me.

"Yup."

He looked at me like I had three heads but shrugged it off.

I gathered my thoughts.

"So, why are you telling me this?" I asked.

I saw Edward clench his fists.

"That dog- Jacob, sorry. Well, he did something very dangerous- for everyone involved." Edward took a big, fake breath before continuing, "He imprinted on you."

I was well aware of what imprinting ment in animals, like how ducks imprint on their parents, that's why they follow them around. And how sometimes humans can imprint on someone they love a lot- become attached.

"Imprinting is something that wolves do when they find their desired mate." Carlisle explained. "When it happens- well, clearly I am not a wolf- but I suppose it's like, they are your world. Nothing else matters, and you will be whatever your mate needs- whether that is a protector, a best friend, or a lover." He finished.

Good, so me and Jacob can still just be friends. I mean- sure I used to have a crush on him- for a very long time. Probably until I was twelve, which was still three years after we moved to H/T.

Edward seemed a little irritated. Oops, I forgot he could read minds.

"I read his mind. He's in love with you." Edward said in disgust. I gulped. I'm not ready for that kind of commitment! I'm in Junior year of high school!

Edward chucked beside me. "Yeah, I know."

"It's getting late." Edward added. "I have got to bring you home." He said, grasping my hand and pulling me up.

"Thank you!" I mustered before Edward pulled me out of the door.

I hope they heard me.

"They did."

"I will never get used to this reading minds thing." I said, slightly chuckling.

Word Count: 504