Chapter 25

Katniss' POV
Raze has his three hour interview today. To be honest, I wouldn't mind ditching it. I know that all the questions will be about Nova and Ylja, and I don't feel like watching an uncomfortable teenager for three hours.

"Katniss?" Peeta says.

"Mmh?" I say, my face buried in Peeta's bare chest.

"Do you wanna do something else than watch an uncomfortable teenager for three hours tonight?"

"Yes!" I exclaim, looking up from his chest.

"Great, because I already have the perfect evening planned. But, until then, what should we do?"

"Lay around and make out," I joke, even though there is some truth to it.

"If that's what you want," Peeta chuckles as an answer.

"That's what I want," I grin, before pulling his face as close to mine, as it can come. When I feel his lips on mine, I instantly want more of him. I just want more. The hunger have never been this strong, and it makes me deepen the kiss very quickly, probably too quickly, because Peeta pulls away, and looks weirdly at me.

"Woah."

"What?"

"Um, you, um, I don't know. Nevermind." I just made Peeta Mellark speechless. Waow.

He leans in again, and I do too. Whenever his lips touch mine, I feel so happy. So complete. So pure. Peeta makes me feel so pure and perfect. He makes me feel the way he sees me. I hope that he feels like what I see him as, when we kiss. Genuine. Good. Kind. Warm. Perfect. Pure.

Pure.

As I am resting on cloud nine (which is just Peeta's body) I hear a door fly open.

"Oh.." I hear a familiar, raspy voice behind me. You too, Haymitch?

"DOES NOBODY KNOW HOW TO KNOCK?"'I groan loudly, rolling off of Peeta.

"I did knock. Several times. But all I heard were loud moans. I actually expected something more. I'm a little disappointed," Haymitch laughs.

"Haymitch, that's really gross," Peeta points out.

"I'm kidding. Now come on. You two have some mentoring to do."

I roll off the bed, and move towards Haymitch, Peeta behind me.

"Don't forget to put on some goddamn clothes, nudists!" Haymitch groans, walking out of the bedroom, and close the door.

I look at myself and Peeta, and realize that we're only in our underwear. I walk over to the closet, pick out a flowy dress, and toss a pair of sweatpants and a shirt to Peeta. I pull on my dress, and walk over to Peeta, as his face disappears in the shirt. When his head sticks out from the hole for his head, I peck his lips quickly, feeling him smiling from the gesture.

"Didn't get enough before?" Peeta jokes.

"We were moaning?" I whisper to him, ignoring his comment.

He shrugs, swings his arm around my waist, and pulls me out of the room.

When we join Haymitch, he walks up besides me, and asks quietly, with a big grin on his face: "How long have this been going on?"

"Like since we came here. But it first got serious a little after the wedding."

"I knew it would happen at some point," Haymitch grins to himself.

"Peeta and I?"

"Katniss, you're a horrible actor. It wasn't hard to see that you love Peeta, and that you didn't know you loved him."