Chapter 11

Raze's POV
-First day of training-

"These people are crazy," Nova whispers, pulling at the bottom of my shirt.

"Make allies," Peeta says, and then he, Katniss, Effie and Haymitch leaves.

"Nova, it's okay, okay?" I say, lifting her up in my arms. Even though she is 12, she acts like a five year old when we're on the topic of The Games. This is her worst possible nightmare.

My eyes wander around the siblings, trying to find someone we could become allies with.
My eyes lock on a just plain beautiful girl.

We could never become allies, she's a Career, I can tell. But, I would really like to talk to her. She is at the knife station, a station I wanted to check out anyways.

"Novs, do you think you can check out the stuff alone a little? Over on the survival skill station is a girl your age. Go talk to her," I say, putting Nova down, but she grabs my arm.

"No! They'll kill me!"

"They won't. Nova we have to train alone, it's for the best."
Peeta and Katniss' words ring in my head about us not being allies. I will be Nova's ally, but when one of us goes, the other one's screwed.

At last she lets go of my arm, and head over to the Survival station. She instantly starts conserving with the other girl. She's always been really good at making friends.

I walk to the knife station, and get a closer look at the girl. She's even prettier up close.
She has long, dark, thick eyelashes. Her body shape is perfect. She's tall, but not as tall as me. Her eyes color is a magical mix of green, blue and grey. They're perfectly almond shaped. She has an adorable button nose and, light pink, plumb kissable lips. Her hair starts out golden blonde on the top, and then gets lighter and lighter as it falls perfectly down her back.

I find myself gaping at her beauty, and when she talks, I almost faint. The most beautiful, soft, clear, innocent, light voice comes out of this already perfect person. It should be illegal to be this perfect.

"Hello. Um, are you lost?" She smiles at the last bit, showing off some perfect white teeth. And don't even get me started on her smile.

"No, sorry, I was, you're just- really pretty." I instantly start blushing when I realize what I just said.

"Hehe, you're not too bad yourself, you know," she giggles. Oh my god, her giggle is beyond amazing. I could listen to that sound all day, every day.

"Thanks.." I awkwardly mumble. Why is she doing this to me? Why does she make me feel this way?

"What's your name, cutie?" She asks nicely. DID SHE JUST CALL ME CUTIE?! I am seriously gonna faint.

"Raze, you?" I say, trying to sound cool, but it just comes out as awkward and dorky.

"Ylja," She says softly. That is the most beautiful name ever.

I pick up a knife, and throw it. It doesn't even hit close to the target.

"You're doing it wrong," Ylja says behind me. She pushes me a little aside, and her touch makes me shiver. She spins around, throwing the knife in her hand with full force. It hits the target perfectly.

"Aw, don't look so scared. I'm not gonna do this to you. Not until the arena, of course." She laughs.
I swallow hard.

"Oh, sorry! I didn't mean it. I didn't mean to scare you!" She says concerned.

"Come here, I'll show you how to throw the knife perfectly."

---

-Skill Showing for the Gamemakers-