Chapter three.

Jacob, Bella and I were riding in Bella's truck, on our way to test our bikes."If I told you I couldn't have fixed these bikes, what would you have said?" Jacob asks anxiously.

"Are you doubting your mad skills?" Bella asks.

"No. Definitely not. I mean, they'll run fine. It's just, maybe if I was smart I would have dragged out the rebuild a bit." Jacob says sadly.

"If you told me you couldn't fix these bikes, I would say that's really too bad, but that we're just gonna have to have to find something else to do, all three of us together." Bella say glancing over at us.

It made me smile to hear her say that. "The three of us." Jacob nudged me. "See." He said quietly. "What?" Bella asks. "Nothing." I say shaking my head at Jake.

"Mella was doubting you wanted her here in the first place." Jake says. "Oh.. Mel that's not the case, just so you know." Bella says shaking her head. I shrug.

She look over at the cliff. "Woah is that Sam Uley?" Bella asks pointing at the man. I only recognized who he was because he was the man who brought Bella home."Yeah. Him and his cult." Jacob says slyly.

They were pushing this kid over the cliff and then he fell.."OH MY GOD! Pull over!" I yell at Bella she quickly pulls over and we run over watching the kid fall into the water. Jacob laughs..

"They aren't really fighting girls. They're cliff diving." Jacob says laughing. "Scary as Hell, but a total rush." I look at Jacob and back at Bella. "So he's okay?" I ask. "Yes." "Good." Bella adds.

"Most of us jump from lower down. We leave the showing off to Sam and his disciples." Jacob adds. Bella gazes at the cliff. "Wow... Sounds fun." I say nodding at Jake.

"You have some kind of beef with him or something?" Bella asks walking back over to the truck. I continue to watch them jump. "I' don't know... They just think they run this place." He says.

"Embry used to call them hall monitors on steroids." I add. "Yeah.. Now look at him." Jacob says.
"That's Embry?" We both ask. "Yeah." Jacob says. "What happens to him?!" I ask. "He missed some school. Now all of a sudden  he started following Sam around like a little puppy." Jacob says shaking his head.

"That's awful.." I say quietly. Embry was one of my closest friends besides Jake. I was saddened by the fact that he had dropped us all.. I wonder how Quill feels though. "Same thing happens with Paul and Jared." Jake said. "Ha that's my middle name." I say jokingly. Jake rolled his eyes at my stupid joke.
"Sam keeps giving me this look, like he's waiting for me or something." Jake adds. "Kind of starting to freak me out." He says shivering. "Well, you should just avoid him." Bella says shaking her head. "I try."

We got to the place where we were gonna test our bikes. "Okay" Bella says getting on. "You look scared" "I'm not." Bella reassured. "Alright... brake?" Jacob tests. "That one." "Clutch? Good." She nodded. "Gas?"  Bella turned it on making it rev fiercely. "Ready?" Jake asks. She nods. "Now slowly release the clutch." Jake says getting out of the way.

Bella jerks forward. "Uh woah." Jacob exclaims. "You alright?" I ask. She nods quickly. "I'm gonna go again." She says. "Okay." Jake says. "Not a good idea." I say to myself. She rides off quickly.. a little too quickly.
"Hit the brake!" Jacob yells. She hits the brake hard causing her to fly into a rock. "Shit!" I yell. Jake climbs on the back of the other bike and I get on the back quickly. "Go!" I yell. We ride over and run over to Bella.

"I wanna go again." Bella says obliviously. "Are you trying to get yourself killed?" Jacob asks with anger in his voice. "No. I want to go again." "No. Forget it." Jacob says firmly. "No more bikes." I say crouching down next to her.