Chapter 7

(A/N) I made Carmella a spotify playlist soooo here ya go.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2jMapAXPt8acsmmy8htpKw?si=SSAG4ggVQeGOl7UnCOHFrw&utm_source=copy-link&dl_branch=1

I woke up to my blaring alarm. It was 5:00 am. Awfully early. I turned the alarm off and sat up and looked around. I looked out the window, dad's cruiser wasn't here. I assumed he had a shift or was somewhere coping about Harry's death. Just thinking about Harry made a lump in my throat form. He was really a good man. I could only imagine what his family was feeling.

I decided to get the day started because I wasn't tired anymore. I stood up, walked into the bathroom and took a shower. Once I got out and got dressed I walked down stairs to have a quick meal. I wasn't very hungry so I just grabbed some left overs from about two nights back.

I sat on the couch and watched the news. No not watch, I listened. I found it soothing to just listen to the news even if you weren't actually paying attention. I liked the sound on inaudible speaking. Like listening to podcasts at 6 am in the morning on a drive.

I was starting to zone out but something the reporter said caught my attention. "Locals in down town Seattle are going missing. We have over 123 people already disappearing with out a trace. The bodies were unrecognizable they had to pull up dental records." I thought that I was kinda fishy and thought it may have something to do with the vampire that the boys told us about. But it could be some serial killer so it didn't really bother me that much.

The sun started to rise so I decided that I'd head over to Emily's to hang around. I hopped in Bella's truck and drove over there. Once I got their I saw the huge sized wolves run to the side of the house to where I could not see them. They boys then walked out behind the corner in their army green shorts with their very muscular arms. I smiled to myself at the sight of Paul. I then cringed at myself for being gushy.

The boys noticed my truck and started to walk over. I parked the truck and rolled down the windows. "Hey baby!" Embry jokes. I roll my eyes playfully. "You wish, Call." I giggle. Paul nudged Embry raising his eye brow. I kinda giggled underneath my breath.

I got out of the truck and the boys ran inside.. well, expect for Paul. I gave him a nice hug. "Hey dude." "Dude? Ouch." I laughed "You'll survive." I said patting his back before letting go.

We walked inside and i gave Emily a hug, she was such a warm hearted being and i loved her spirit. "Hey Mel! Are you hungry I made Sandwiches!"
"Thanks Emily, but I already ate, but I might later!" I declined politely.

"Yeah actually, I wanted to show Mel the cliff.." Paul said looking at me with his hard, yet soft black eyes. "Are you down?" "Oooooo" embry and Jared jeer. He didn't take his eyes off of me for a second. "Yeah, of course, sure" I say walking towards Paul. "Ok, let's go." He says marching out the door. I follow him and I shut the door behind me. I catch up to him, given fact he's a pretty fast walker and I grab his hand. He glances down at our hands and interlocks our fingers.

We hike to the cliff and make it to the edge. "You won't be jumping this time." He chuckles finally breaking the silence. I smile at him and we sit on the edge letting our feet dangle. As we listen to the waves I put my head on his shoulder. "I wish you didn't know." He mumbles. "Hm?" I question. "About me imprinting on you.. I don't want you to think I love you because of the imprinting stuff." He says tracing his thumb on the back of my hand.
I sigh. "Paul, that's exactly what it is... You don't know me." I look down. "I want to know you.. I want to know your struggles, your story, the things that make you smile, the things that make you upset." He says kissing my head. "Would you want to know even if you haven't imprinted on me?" I say my eyes start to swell. It saddened me that the fact that our possible love was because of some magic fairytale. He said it himself, he thought we were nerds.
"I bet if I had let myself get to know you.. You'd be my first choice." He says laying his head on mine. My tears fall a little, but I blink them away as fast as I can, trying not to ruin the moment.
I look at him with sorrow in my eyes. He looks back at me and sits up.
He grabs my chin and placed his lips on mine and leans away.
"I didn't mean to hurt your feelings mel." My only response was to mash my lips into his, as an acceptance. We continued kiss when suddenly he slipped his tongue into my mouth. He slowly leant to the ground, on top of me, never breaking the kiss.
I was really hoping he didn't take it any farther than that. I don't know him like that and I don't know if I'm ready for anything farther than this.
Suddenly he broke the kiss.
"I imprinted on you, not by some crazy coincidence." He stared into my eyes, filled with love and worry. "I imprinted on you because we're soulmates. Because the spirits made us for eachother." I was left in shock by the words that had escaped the tall russet boys lips.
He paused. "Is this too much?" I shook my head. "No, I needed that reassurance. Thank you." I nodded. We both sat up and watched the sun go down and talked about stuff we like to do and what we want to do in the future.
On the side, he wants to be a mechanic, much like his father. I want to be a waitress which I think is extremely basic, but it's what I want..