Ostensible Unsightly Part 6 (Miniminter)

Depuis le début

"I'm coming!"

She heard from the other side. Instantly, her heart beat sped up.

'You can do this, you can do this, you can do this'

The door opens, revealing the beautiful boy with the hazel orb eyes.

"Hey Reag's"

Hmm, the only other person she let call her that other Freya and Katie, was Simon. You would think the idea of him calling her by her nickname, would make her happy. Happy that he was comfortable enough to call her a personal name. However, I didn't feel right. Not as good as it felt when Simon called her Reag's.

'Ugh, forget about Simon, Reagan'

"Hi"

She grinned. He looked down at the outfit Reagan had chose to wear. An outfit Simon said she looked great in.

"You look nice"

He completed. However for some reason, 'nice' sounded better coming from Simon.

Hear she goes again, thinking about Simon when she's on her big date.

"Thank you, so do you"

He smiled, motioning for her to come into the house. The clopping of her boots was heard on the hard wood floor as she entered the dinning room.

Earlier on in the day, Danny had texted her, asking what kind of food she thought was good.  Listening to Simon's advice, she mentioned sushi. To her exuberance, sushi was plated all over the table.

She sat on the chair opposite to his, smiling at all of the food spread across the surface. She smiled at the effort he went to for this date.

"I hope you're prepared for all of this sushi, because I cooked a lot more than I thought. I was you worried you wouldn't be able to eat it all, considering you're such a small girl"

He smiled, placing a glass of Diet Coke on the table. She awkwardly took a sip as he sat in his chair.

"So, are you going to tell me about your song?"

He chuckled, embarrassed.

"Well, it's sorta about love. And that its not silly too be in love when you're young"

He explains. She rested her head on her palms as she looked on in awe.

"When did you start writing songs?"

"It started with like, random poems I wrote down on napkins. But when I learnt how to play guitar, I was able to make music to put behind it"

She smiled at his passion.

"Wow, that's incredible"

"What about you? What do you like to do in your spare time"

He asked, before scooping some sushi and sticking it in his gob.

Something she had never been asked before.

"Oh uh, I like watching foreign films, mainly comedies, some romance. But, I do write short stories about anything that comes to mind. Like recently, I wrote one about a child therapist. Not for any main reason, just because it was my aunties birthday and she's a child's therapist, you know?"

He nodded, taking a bite out of his food. She smiled, smiled at the thought that they were connecting.

Time skip

The meal went lovely. They spent the time talking about their families and school work. The names Freya and Katie, was thrown in a few times, and this was noticed by Reagan. However, she decided to leave it.