Chapter 14: Dreams and Speculations

Ok I feel really bad about this chapter being short but I really didn't wanna write the mall scene this week. I have a solid idea of where the plot is going to go in consideration of this story but I need inspiration. I need ideas. More ideas. If any of you are reading this please comment ideas of what you want or think will happen. Like I've said I really like those kind of comments.
That being said, the mall chapter will be next week, if not, the week after that. It'll be interesting.
Also.... who wants to see pictures of me in cosplay?

Anyway, enjoy~
________________________________

Izuku was curled up in the corner of the bar behind the counter. Kurogiri's feet were in front of him as the man continued to clean the glass in his hand. The glass had a chip in it, but despite that fact the man kept cleaning it.

Shigaraki had yet to force him back to his room, opting that he could stay in the bar until he grew bored of him. It wasn't too strange, these are times Izuku finds to go to the restroom and and eat what little food he's allowed. The regular patrons of the bar never take much notice of him.

The female villains like to start conversations though.

"Oh you're such a sweetheart. What're you doing in a place like this, hon?" They'd say as they kneeled down to meet his eyes while he picked scraps from a plate.

Not that he really minded it, they were just being nice. It was the fact that he couldn't speak back to them or do anything as they ruffled his hair that made him feel weird.

Izuku pecked from the piece of bread he'd been given. It's wasn't much food, and it certainly didn't keep full, but it was what he was given so that was what he got. The stale bread tasted as bad as anyone would expect stale dread to taste.

Kurogiri reached down and handed him a small glass of tap water. As he drank he couldn't help but gag at the strange taste. Did Kurogiri drug his drink again?

He wished the man wouldn't. It made him lethargic and dizzy, but he guessed that was the point. To make sure that getting him back in his cell wouldn't be too much of a hassle.

Sighing, he downed the water and and finished his bread. After being granted his restroom break, he started to feel the drugs kick in and his legs wobble. Keeping his eyes open was borderline painful and his head throbbed. The man made of mist grabbed his shoulder and guided him back to his room and to the darkness.

He was safe in the darkness. The darkness kept Shigaraki away. Shigaraki was never in the darkness so it was safe.

Letting his legs give way, he collapsed onto the bare mattress and tugged the short sleeves of his black shirt lower down his arms as he hugged his stuffed bear and finally let his eyes close.

___________________________________

Izuku was startled from his dream by the alarm on Aizawa-san's phone, which was ringing loudly throughout the apartment, waking up anyone unlucky enough to be near it. He sat up in his bed (to think he had an actual bed now-) and looked around.

His blue sheets pooled at his waist, soft and brand new, the sun shining through the cracks in the green curtains which painted the walls with natural morning light. The walls were a soft almond white, yet to be decorated other than the poster on the wall with the JSL alphabet. A bookshelf against the wall on the left of the room held books and notebooks.

His room.

Not a cell.

It was a dream.

A soft knocking against his door made him snap his head. The door opened and the light from the hall came in along with the silhouette of Yamada. His hair was still down and messy, he must've just rolled out of bed. He flipped the switch by the door and the lights turned on. "Hey, kiddo. Glad to see you're awake," He started to step out, "Breakfast will be done in a few."

The man's yawn reached loudly down the hall and Izuku stared after him.

He was safe now.

Climbing out of bed and throwing on the same hoodie he wore the day before, he came out of his room and silently went to the kitchen.

A bowl of miso soup sat on the counter waiting for him and he sat down. "That's yours. Go ahead," Yamada said. He ate his food and saw Aizawa coming in it with his usual morning frown and going straight to the coffee maker.

"Morning, kid," Aizawa said behind his mug.

Good morning, Izuku signed. As he continued to eat he thought over what that strange boy kept talking about the other day. It was the weekend, so he had the entire day to think about it. He didn't know who he was, but he certainly seemed to know who he was.

Something about him seemed familiar, but he really had no clue who he was. He guessed it didn't matter anyway.

Izuku spent the rest of his day thinking about him anyway, as he wrote down observations he made on a certain girl, Ururaka Ochaco, and her Quirk. Aizawa asked him to come up with a good way to train her Quirk so she didn't get sick. He'd also asked for his input on how to strengthen the Quirks of all the other hero course students. Apparently they were going on a field trip to a forest retreat soon and all the students would be training.

Because Izuku was technically an unofficial student of class 1-A, he was also meant to partake in this training, but because of his lack of a Quirk he was going to be training physically. Of course that didn't mean that Aizawa wouldn't use his mind to help torture his other students.

Izuku wrote down a few strategies that could help further Ururaka in the use of her Quirk. Such as prolonged usage on a simple blunt object. Then closed the notebook and went back to the living room where Aizawa was.

The man looked up upon his entrance from his point on the couch. Papers were strewn across the table and a red pen in Aizawa's hand. His hair was tied back in a bun. "Hey kiddo," The man said. "I don't know if you're aware or not, but the class is going out to the mall today. You won't need anything for the camp since I already have everything you would need, but I figured it would be a good chance for you to bond with the class. You up for it?"

Truth was that sounded terrifying. He absolutely hated being exposed and in the open unprotected. If he was allowed to carry a self defense weapon, maybe.

Aizawa looked like he really wanted him to get to know the others. He'd been trying to get him to socialize with them all week. Izuku didn't really understand why though. He was fine with the people her knew. Yamada, Aizawa, Nezu, Recovery Girl, and Hound Dog. They were the people he was comfortable with.

Anxiety crept into his mind like a parasite. What if they really got to meet him and didn't like him? What if they decided he wasn't good enough to be in the class? Todoroki and Iida were okay with him, but how long would that last until they got bored?

"Well?" Aizawa's stoic but gentle voice broke his thoughts.

Okay, I'll go, He signed. JSL was something he was still trying to get the hang of. It was so he didn't have to carry around a notebook everywhere he went. Of course he did that anyway, but he wasn't wasting all that paper anymore.

"Alright. I'll drive you there and let you hang out with them for a few hours. Text me when you want to be picked up," Aizawa said.

This would be a long day.