A Shallow Memory

"You shall die where you lay, Dracula!" A man said while holding a wooden stake above the beaten up Alucard's heart.

   "Do as you please." Alucard struggled to say.

   The man pierced his heart with the wooden stake. With his vision fading he turns his head to the left and sees a young beautiful woman. Her pale skin and long hair reminded him of someone. She had sorrow in her eyes.

    "Is she crying? My..name? Why does she care for me so much? What does a human like her have feelings for a monster like me?" He thought to himself.

    "ALUUUCARRD!!" Her screams echoed.

    Alucard opened his eyes to see Alisis' empty side of the bed. He raised himself and touched the bridge of his nose.

    "I never thought sleeping in a human bed felt so welcoming." He smiled, got up from the bed and walked out of the room.

    I was standing outside with three bouquets of flowers, each bouquet was different. Roses represented mother's personality, beautiful yet can be so hurtful. White lilies represented Claire's purity and early age. Orihimes represented Louie's personality,a gentleman, so brave and elegant. And I couldn't forget my hateful sister, she has done bad things but she's still my family. She has one flower.

    Alucard came down from the hotel at the same time as the carpool arrived. I sensed his presence and wiped my eyes as fast as I could. He walked closer to me and looked at my bouquets, he could tell I was crying.

   "Are you off to see your family's tombstones?" He asked.

   "I am." I said as I clutched my bouquets against my breast.

   "Shall I come with you?"

   "If you'd like, I don't mind. I need a little company."

   He wiped a tear from my hot cheek then opened the car door. I got in, he followed, it was silent on the way to the cemetery.

   I broke the silence, "How'd you sleep?"

   "I slept very well."

   "Did you have any nice dreams?" I asked.

   His answer was slow, "I did not dream of anything."

   I wasn't surprised. "Well I had a dream. It seemed like a nightmare. I saw you lying on the cold ground, a man was hovering over you with a wooden stake. The man screamed, Dracula."

   This caught Alucard's attention.

   "I was screaming..your name. I was unable to do anything,  I just sat there while the man stabbed you in the heart, I cried over your corpse. It had to be a dream, I had to wake up from it, I don't know what I'd do if I saw you die in front of my eyes. So I woke up and was relieved to see you sleeping soundly. That dream made me think about going to my family's tombstones and pay my respects."

   So that woman was..her?

   He smiled, "I am glad you feel that way."

   I hugged him, he turned his head; we made it to the cemetery. It was a cold silent hell. Walking on the grass would give you chills just from it's atmosphere. I didn't care, I came to handle business. I saw the tombstones of my mother Marilyn Alexandra, my sister Alisa Alexandra,  my niece Claire, and...Louie.

    "I didn't think they'd have their tombstones already in the Cemetery." I said as I put the roses on my mother's grave. Alucard stood back as I was putting the flowers on other graves.