"Now, THAT, ladies and gentlemen," Techno clapped. "Is a great friendship." 

Dream rolled his eyes as George lightly dropped the bucket on the grass, panting and wiping the sweat off his forehead. "Friendly reminder," he tried to catch his breath, his hands on his knees. "That I hate you."

"The feeling is mutual," Sapnap patted his back, receiving an angry stare. 

"Oh, I-" George began, but stopped mid-sentence abruptly. The others looked behind Dream, who sighed.

"It's behind me, isn't it?"

George gulped, nodding. Slowly turning around, Dream came face-to-face with a small flying creature. It was dark in colour and had thin, silver wings. It was about half the size of a foot and had piercing red eyes.

"That's the second most terrifying creature in the woods?" Dream pointed.

"Yep," Techno replied in a monotone voice.

"It's a fucking flying shrimp."

"Actually, it has a poisonous bite that can kill someone within seconds."

"Ah."

They stood in silence. 

Sapnap and George looked at each other with widened eyes. "W-well, are we going to kill it or are we just gonna stand here?"

Techno snapped out of his daze. "Well-"

Before he could continue, an entire storm of 'flying shrimp' emerged from a black beehive attached to one of the trees. Wilbur yelled in shock, triggering Techno's reflex of aiming his crossbow at the creature. He missed, the arrow whizzing past Dream's face and barely brushing against him. 

This only angered the wasp-like creatures. They buzzed angrily, vibrating around like the molecules in a solid. (excuse my chemistry)

Without warning, one of the animals darted towards Dream, who blocked it with his backpack swiftly. "Ow!" he grabbed his arm. "It bit me!" 

"WHAT?" Wilbur took a look. "Oh, no, it's just a scratch, don't worry you won't die." 

"I have a plan, bring Tommy and Tubbo uphill." Techno ordered. Wilbur nodded, motioning for Phil, Sapnap, Dream and George to follow him. He tapped the children, who glanced at Techno before trailing behind. 

Techno whipped out something from his pocket and stared at it in desire. Dream saw and frowned. "What's he-" 

Suddenly, an entire tree erupted in flames. The fire travelled on the bark and the grass, crawling up the other trees and plants. Panicked buzzes could be heard from the burning forest as the noises slowly died down. Techno ran out of the forest fire, his majestic robe flowing behind him, contrasting with the colours of the conflagration behind him. 

The fire hovered around one area of the forest, refusing to spread to where the others stood, jaw dropped. Techno walked up to them, smiling. "Ah," he breathed. "Arson."

"Techno, what the fuck are you doing?" Wilbur demanded. "Why the fuck did you set the trees on fire? What the fuck were you thinking?" he dropped a number of f-bombs. 

The pinkette's smile disappeared when he realised his friends were not applauding him.

"Kill them, not cause a conflagration!" Phil chided him. "Do you know how much forest fires harm the environment and the biodiversity?" 

"Yeah, man. Not cool." Sapnap shook his head. 

Techno's mouth shaped an 'O'. "O-oh, sorry."

"Sorry? Why are you telling me sorry?" Wilbur's voice was dangerously close to shouting. "What is actually wrong with you?" 

Even Tommy and Tubbo who would normally be excitedly chatting and gossiping with each other looked at Techno awkwardly, remaining silent.

Dream felt a bit bad for him. "Oh, come on, guys! He already apologised! If he didn't do that, how would he kill off all those shrimps? You saw how many there were!"

Wilbur averted his gaze to him, his expression saying, Why are you out of all people defending him? 

"It was in the heat of the moment, wasn't it? And he never killed one before, let alone a whole swarm of them! Besides, the fire's only in one area, it isn't spreading. We can always go back and put it out." Dream finished his speech. 

Wilbur raised his eyebrow. His expression was still hard, but when he looked back and forth at the two boys, his face changed emotion, into amusement. He smirked, internally creating a ship, but suppressed his smile. "You're right," he sighed. "We did over exaggerate. Apology accepted, I guess. Now, let's go put out the fire, shall we?" 

He took a last smug glance at Dream  before stepping down the mountain, the others except Techno and Dream following suit. Techno cleared his throat, averting gaze from him and focusing on the ground.

"T-thanks, I guess." he muttered under his breath. 

"What was that?" Dream asked mischievously. 

"I said thanks, dumbass!" he retorted, before marching downhill. The blonde trailed after him, chuckling.

"No problem."

Words: 1296

Thank you for reading!

Credits to @raven_named_Noa for giving me the idea of Techno making a decision and getting blamed for it and Dream defending him <3 She has been voting my stories and commenting on them since I started, 

Also, 360 reads? Whaaaaaat? That is insane! POGGGGG

Thank you to the people who read my stories and vote for them, I really appreciate it! <3

See you in Chapter 5! 

-dainty <3