The students screamed and scurried off as Draco fell to the floor, y/n's mouth dropping open in horror. Draco rolled on the floor holding his arms, whining in pain as Hagrid calmed down Buckbeak. 

"He's killed me, he's killed me." Draco cried, still rolling on the floor.

"Calm down! I-It's just a scratch!" Hagrid panicked, looking at Draco.

"Hagrid!" Hermione shouted. "He has to be taken to the hospital." She suggested and Hagrid nodded.

"I'll take him!" Pansy offered, a smile on her lips. Draco's cried worsened and Hagrid looked around and spotted y/n.

"Y/n, would you be able to take him? I trust you more!" Hagrid pleaded and y/n clenched her jaw and let out a sigh. She briefly nodded, walking over to Hagrid who was helping Draco get on his feet.

Pansy stared at y/n, her nostrils flaring in hatred and rage.. She was the one who Draco liked, or so she thought. Draco whimpered as he stood up, holding his arm.

"Come on then." Y/n huffed, holding onto his good arm so he had support. She took a quick glance at Hermione who was looking at the pair with one brow raised. Y/n pressed her lips together and shrugged, walking with Draco.

"You're gonna regret this!" Draco called out. "You and you're bloody chicken."

Y/n rolled her eyes in response and heard how Draco's whimpers lessened when they got further away from the group.

"My father will hear about this. Hagrid and that stupid bird." Draco mumbled, pulling away from y/n so he could walk on his own. "And a stupid Mud Blood coming to my aid." He snared and y/n felt rage course through her veins. 

Y/n had enough. She pushed Draco up against a tree and pulled out her wand, holding it up to his neck and Draco's eyes widened in shock.

"Will you just shut the fuck up and stop whining about a stupid scratch before I make you puke slugs, you spoilt little shit." Y/n threatened, getting right up in Draco's face. He gulped and y/n pulled away, turning around and slowly started to walk.

"You're kind of turning me on, y/l/n." Draco growled, a smirk evident on his lips. Y/n stopped in her tracks and felt heat rise to her cheeks, but then she remembered what she had seen in the library earlier that day. Y/n spun around and looked at him, a bit of blood staining the white on his shirt.

"Eat slugs." She muttered and flicked her wand at him. Draco gasped and his cheeks filled up instantly, causing him to vomit up the green creatures. "Now come on." Y/n pulled him along to the hospital to see Madam Pomfrey, Draco vomiting out a slug occasionally.

"What's happened here?" Madam Pomfrey asked as they entered the Hospital, helping Draco to a bed.

"Hippogriff scratch." Y/n muttered with crossed arms.

"And the slugs?" Madam Pomfrey asked y/n, who rose her hand. "You might want to apologize for that, he could get you expelled." She whispered to y/n, who gulped.

Y/n sat at the foot of Draco's bed, handing him a bucket that was under the bed so he could vomit the slugs into it and not make a mess of the hospital. He glared at y/n response as Madam Pomfrey looked at his scratch.

"Should heal up in no time with a bit of cream and a bandage, and as for the slugs, drink this." Madam Pomfrey handed Draco a drink, which he drank and cringed at the taste. She then began cleaning the wound, Draco wincing.

"Madam Pomfrey, they has been an incident at Qudditch practice!" Madam Hooch barged and and Madam Pomfrey shot up.

"Y/l/n, I need you to put this cream on Mr. Malfoy's arm and wrap it up, I need to go!" Madam Pomfrey ran out the door with Madam Hooch before y/n could object.

Y/n sighed and looked at Draco, who had stopped puking slugs. He was staring at y/n, no expression on his face. Y/n stood up and grabbed cream and a bandage from the tray next to the bed. Draco held out his arm for y/n to reach as she sat further up the bed, closer to Draco and her stomach fluttered as he rested his arm on her thigh.

"I'm sorry about the slugs." She apologized, lathering cream on the wound. 

"I deserved it, I guess." Draco shrugged, drinking some water from the cup that was next to the bed.

"You aren't going to tell your father, are you?" Y/n spoke softly, beginning to wrap up Draco's arm. He looked at y/n, a look of confusion on his face. "About the slugs? And the Hippogriff?"

"I wont tell my father about the slugs, he will find out about the Hippogriff though. Hogwarts will end up sending him a letter. The slugs aren't documented." He shrugged and y/n nodded.

"Draco?" Y/n mumbled, Draco responding with a hum. "Why do you hate me so much?" y/n blinked up at him as she finished wrapping up his arm, Draco sitting up straight with a sigh.

"I don't hate you." He began. "I'm actually quite fond of you." He admitted, assessing his newly wrapped arm.

"Then why do you treat me like you do?" Y/n and Draco shrugged in response. Y/n stood up and found a sling on a shelf and walked back to Draco, sitting down on the bed again.

"I guess it's because people are around, and I have to be a certain way in front of everyone or people may think I'm weak or something." Draco sighed, looking away from her. "I am not really aloud to associate with half-bloods."

Y/n smiled. This was the first time he referred to her as a half-blood.

"You're not weak for caring, Draco." Y/n smiled at him and blush crept up his cheeks. "You don't have to act like that in front of me, who am I to say that you should be tough when I am the only one around?"

Draco felt his heart flutter and he smiled at y/n.

She moved her arms around Draco's neck so she could tie the sling around his neck. Draco leaned in closer to her. Once she had tied the knot, she rested her palms on either side of his neck. Draco stared at her lips and he blinked, moving in a bit closer so that his lips brushed hers.

He wanted to kiss her again. He needed too. She had her eyes shut, waiting for his kiss as their foreheads rested against each others. He hesitated and pulled back, removing her arms from his neck. He knew if he kissed her, he didn't know if he could stop. Y/n opened her eyes and looked down at the floor. She suddenly stood up.

"Why do you do that?" She spoke through a clenched jaw, and he furrowed his eyebrows at her. "You go to kiss me and then you bail out, like the other day in the bathrooms. I knew you wanted too, you just never did. I'm sick of it!" Y/n shouted, thankful that Draco was the only patient in the room.

Draco's heart fluttered once again. Did she just admit that she liked him? Draco opened his mouth to speak but he got cut off.

"I get it, you're with Pansy." Y/n sighed, closing her eyes. "Just please, don't try and kiss me again."

Draco was so stunned, he didn't even stop her from leaving. He just sat there, staring at the door with his heart pounding in his chest.