Dinner

"Here Meg. Have some potato sweetie," Emily said putting it on the fork then handing it to her.
"Look at you clever girl, feeding youself," Conrad smiled.
"She's growing up too fast," Emily smiled at him.
"Have you had any more luck with.....?" Charlotte asked.
"No," Emily said putting her fork down. "That's something we were going to tell you guys. We are going to stop trying," she said looking at Daniel.
"I'm so sorry Em," Charlotte said.
"We know how badly you wanted another one," Victoria said.
"It's just not working and we can't do it anymore," Emily smiled sadly.
"IVF?"
"The doctor says it will give us the same results. Getting pregnant isn't the problem, it's staying pregnant."
"Well what about adoption?" Conrad asked.
"We've looked into it. But there's still a lot to discuss."
"Well we are here to support you no matter what."
"Thank you," Emily smiled.
She looked over at Meg and brushed hair behind her ears. "We should get going. She's exhausted. Thank you for dinner," Emily said standing up.
"Your welcome. It's great to see you," Conrad smiled.
"Come on baby girl," Emily smiled picking her up from the chair. "Say bye."
She waved and rested her head on Emilys shoulder.
"You can stay if you want, have some time with your family. I'll get her home to bed," Emily said kissing Daniel.
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah I've got it under control. Love you."
"Love you too."

____________________________

A/N: A Really really short one, but the story gets going after this I promise.