Healing takes Time

The maid hurried around Daniel checking he was okay, and all the cords that were stuck in his body. He sighed and emily ran her hand over the side of his face as Meg slept in the bassinet by the foot of the bed.

"This is only until you're better again babe," she whispered kissing his cheek.

As he closed his eyes he breathed out heavily and rested up against the pillows.

"I love you." She ran her hand through his hair and played with her hand as it sat on his neck. "I promise this is only until you're better."

"I don't know why we have to do this," he mumbled.

Daniel had always felt trapped in the walls of Grayson Manor. That's why he'd wanted to go to boarding school, stayed at the South Fork often and moved in with emily almost as soon as they met. Yet, here he was again, trapped in the walls he hated most.

Emily lent over and reached for his glass of water. As she gently bought the straw to his lips he took small sips until he pushed the glass away.

"You look hungry, I'll get the maid to bring up your food," emily said standing up.

"I'm not hungry," Daniel replied.

Emily ignored him, she needed something to do and something that included tending to Daniel.

Upon returning a few minutes later, Emily pulled Meg from the basinet and sat down again by Daniels side.

"The maid will be up soon," she whispered as Meg began to feed.

"When can we go home?"

"When you're better."

"I hate this."

Emily leant over and rested her head on her shoulder.

"I almost lost you once Daniel, I'm not risking something else happening."