Chapter 1

I woke up to several texts on my phone, all from unknown numbers. I unlocked my phone and began reading the messages.

Bitch

Hoebag

Stupid ass girl

I frowned, what a great way to start off my morning. The teasing and taunting had been getting worse every day. First, it was the notes placed in my locker, then it was the shoving against walls and mean whispers in my ear. Now, this. What was next?

I got dressed and went downstairs for breakfast, not receiving any kind of hello from my family. Dad was absorbed in his paper and mom was lost in her phone. What a kind, caring family. I grabbed a bagel and hoisted my bag over my shoulder before leaving the house.

When I got to school, everyone was smiling or smirking at me. I kept my head held high and walked past everybody without a second glance. But when I reached my locker, I knew what everybody was smirking about. Written on my locker in red sharpie was "GO BACK TO THE HOLE YOU CAME FROM BITCH!" Tears from nowhere filled my eyes and I made a beeline for the girl's bathroom.

As I cried in a stall, I was bombarded with texts like Ugly, Skank, Hoe, Stupid, Idiot, Fat, Gross, Whore. I didn't understand what I had done wrong! One day I had four great friends and everybody at school was nice to me and then I wake up to jeers and taunts from everyone. My own family didn't seem care for me! I heard the door open and I held my breath, waiting for whoever it was to go away.

"Winter... we know you're in here. Come out and stop being such a crybaby," a voice that belonged to Lucy taunted. I swallowed and left the stall, finding myself surrounded by five girls. The cheerleaders. Lucy, Marsha, Andy, Krista, and Hailey.

"What's wrong? Did someone write the truth on your locker?" Andy laughed.

"Did someone send you honest texts?" Krista mocked. I gulped and swallowed back tears.

"Aww, look, girls, the baby is trying not to cry! How cute," sneered Lucy. My breath quickened and I took deep gulps of air. But there didn't seem to be enough. Dots swam across my vision and I felt goosebumps rise. The back of my neck felt hot and the room started to spin. I swayed on the spot.

"Guys, what's wrong with her?" Marsha asked nervously. Nobody could answer her, not even me. Before I knew it I was falling and the world. Went. Dark.