“You look beautiful.”

I blushed. I'm surprised he was still complimenting me after I shut him down yesterday. “Thanks.” I murmured. He really was such a nice guy. I just wish that I could say yes to his proposition. A flash of red hot hatred hit me through the chest. D@mn it Sam, this is just another thing that bastard ruined for me. I took a deep breath trying to calm myself down before I started punching the dash board. I noticed Zane look over at me worriedly.

“Hey, are you okay?”

“Yeah fine.” I said, grinding my teeth together. I saw him flinch and mentally slapped myself. Why was I being such a jerk to Zane? He surely didn't deserve it, he wasn't the one I was angry with. “Sorry, I didn't get that great of a nights sleep last night. And so I have a huge headache right now.” I looked over and he seemed to relax.

“Oh I'm sorry. Do you want me to stop at Starbucks and get you some coffee?”

I grinned at him. What a sweetie. “No no don't go out of the way, besides we're almost at school.”

“Please, we live like five minutes away from the school. It's really not out of the way.” He started swerving the car before I could reply.

Ten minutes later we arrive at the school with plenty of time to spare. I took a sip of my coffee and let out a small sigh. This was really contentment, I loved Starbucks. I felt Zane's gaze on me so I turned to look at him after taking another sip from heaven in a cup. He had a breathtaking devil-may-care grin on his face and it made me smile widely. “What?”

“Nothing. Just glad to see you're enjoying that coffee.”

I scoffed. “Who wouldn't enjoy this? I swear coffee is a gift from the gods.”

He just laughed at me. “Anyway. I have to apologize for my behavior yesterday.”

“What do you mean?”

“You know what I mean Katy. I was a real jerk before you left yesterday, and I'm really sorry. I just really like you and it kind of hurt my ego that I couldn't get you to agree to one date.” He looked bashfully down at his lap. I grabbed his hand and his head shot up out of shock.

“I'm really sorry too Zane. You're a great guy, really you are. I've just been going through a lot of stuff at home lately and I need a little time before I can get involved with anyone. But don't give up, because you may just have a chance if you're patient.” By the last line I was pretty much whispering because of how embarrassing it was to admit to a gorgeous guy like Zane that, yeah, he does have a chance.

When I peered up through my bangs at him I couldn't help grinning at the beautiful smile on his face. I watched as his face changed and he got the mischievous glint back in his eyes. “Well I don't know Katy, this is all just moving so fast. I don't think I can handle it.”

I slapped his chest. “Shut up, or you may never get that chance.” I said sticking my tongue out at him. He grabbed my hand before I could pull away and brought it up to his mouth. Where his lips touched my hand I felt a bolt of electricity and it moved all the way up my arm making my heart speed up and my cheeks flush scarlet. As I pulled my hand out of his grasp he licked his lips and smiled once again that breathtaking smile that showed a dimple that I now noticed. I felt a tug in my stomach and a tingling in places that I never had before. I couldn't speak, that action was like something out of an old timey romance novel and had me thinking thoughts that I should not be thinking right now. The air started getting stuffy and I knew I had to get out of here before I did something that I would regret later.