Chapter 2

Author's note: Hey sorry for such the long wait but haven't really had time for uploading and now it's spring break so I'm hanging out with family and sleeping in and excuses excuses. Well I hope you enjoy it anyways and i hope I get more reads and votes and comments:)

________________________________________________________________________________

Katy's POV

I woke up the next day in a daze, I kept thinking of the dream. Of course I was right, I couldn't get to sleep if my life depended on it. After about an hour of tossing and turning I just sort of gave up and stared at the ceiling. Ever since I woke up from that dream I've just been having a sort of bad premonition.
Just nerves I guess, I swear I'm going crazy.

When I turned the next corner I saw my mom, she was cooking breakfast. Something's gotta be up she never cooks breakfast unless she has some bad news. "Morning Mom."

"Morning Honey."

Her face broke into a huge smile, but it was too forced to be real. Her voice was highpitched so I could tell she was nervous. Crap this must be some really bad news. I walked over to the stove and said, "It smells great, what are you cooking?"

"Oh thanks and it's blueberry pancakes."

Oh sh*t last time my mom cooked blueberry pancakes was when my grandma died and my mom was too scared to tell me so my dad had to. I cried in my bedroom for hours.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and sat down at the table. I could tell my mom was scared because her hands were shaking, so I decided to wait for her to tell me when she was ready. I sat staring at the table for a few minutes until a plate was set down in front of me.

It was stacked high with pancakes drenched in corn syrup and there was a few pieces of bacon on the side, also covered in syrup. I picked up my fork and took a huge chunk of the pancakes and tried to cram it in my mouth. My dad walked into the room and started laughing. My mom turned around and once she saw me, started cracking up too. "What's fo thunny?" I said around my mouthful of food.

"You look like a chipmunk!" My mom said wiping tears from her eyes.

"You stocking up for winter Katy?" My dad asked, grinning.

I took a huge gulp of orange juice to swallow my food, and smiled. "Nice you guys, pick on the little guy." They both smiled. I could feel the tension in the air easing, and from the looks of my mom's shoulders she was relaxing too.

My mom and dad looked at each other and something like remembrance flashed through their eyes, in an instant everthing went tense again. I almost choked on my orange juice. "You guys what's going on?" Might as well get it over with. They looked at each other before they both sighed at the same time, ok this is getting really creepy.

My dad spoke first, "Katy your mother and I have something very serious to tell you, we didn't want to tell you at first but we think you should know."

I was so nervous I felt like I was going to pee my pants.

My mom spoke this time, "Sam's moving back."

No I couldn't have heard her right he's not coming back.

She kept speaking, "They put him on probation and said he could move back but he has to stay in his house, he's not allowed anywhere else."

This is a dream it's gotta be. I hadn't realized I'd spoken out loud until my dad spoke.

"Katy I wish it was a dream but it's not."

I looked up into his face but looked down quickly, the pity in his eyes disgusted me. My mom started talking again,

"Don't worry he won't be here for a few days, they still have some paperwork to fill out, but we just wanted you prepared."