15: Interviews With Some Bad News

I decided to come with a different approach on this chapter. We don't get much on Maddie, but we get lots of Chase!
______

Chase's POV

"So, being 25 and already owning a company that your mother had previously owned must be a big step." The interviewer asked. I was seated on the couch across from him, the tape recorder on the table between us as he asked the questions and I answered. We had just finished taking the pictures for the magazine, the photographer being quick with it.

"I was told, as well as taught, from a young age that it was my responsibility to do my best so I can follow in my mother's footsteps."

"And wasn't a bit too much pressure?" The man asked. He looked like he was in his mid-forties. He had on a black suit, and he had red rimmed glasses perched on his nose and a few freckles on his face.

"It actually is. Most people would assume that I hardly need to study or that I'm some sort of genius but in real life I still need to double check on my phone if I did basic math fine." We laughed. "It was lots of pressure on me. I wasn't the brightest kid, figuratively speaking. I passed my tests and finals as well as high school and college with the highest GPA possible, but I spent practically all night studying, and I started two weeks before the tests were given."

I thought back to my high school and college years. I was under so much pressure to do what I needed to do and it sucked a lot. There even came a point in time where I had decided that maybe running away was better than this.

"Now, another thing we noticed about you that was drastically different was your home. Someone would expect a huge house worth over billions of dollars, but in fact, it's a two floored, four bedroom, two bathroom house."

I nodded and smiled. "Growing up, before my family decided to move to London, we had this huge house, full of rooms and halls and stairs and so many things. My brother owns it now. It was my personal goal to explore every inch of that house and I did. I found empty rooms, hundreds of windows, another kitchen I bet my parents never even knew about and an attic that was so tiny, you had to crawl. It was a fun experience to get to explore it, but thinking back to it, we were paying so much and using so little of it. It was then that I decided to get a small house, enough for my dog and myself."

"And you were born and raised her in Chicago, is that correct?" He asked.

"Yes." I nodded, uncrossing my legs at the ankles and resting my left ankle on my right knee.

"So the real question here is, the Chicago Cubs, or the Chicago White Sox?" He smiled.

"I'm not much of a sports fan." I chuckled and he laughed.

"I think I just met the first man in the world to say that." He laughed.

"Well, I recently watched my first football game with a few friends. Everyone was a Jets fan and only one of them was a Ravens' fan so I couldn't just leave her alone like that." I smiled.

"And these friends of yours work for you?" He asked

"Two of them, Ryland manages the accounting and all the business proposals and his wife, Esmeralda, is a receptionist. Then I have Madeline and Josh, the two are siblings and Madeline goes to Loyola for Psychology and Josh is a Geriatrician." I explained.

"Well, this was great, any advice for growing companies?" He asked.

"It's cheesy, but don't give up. It'll take time for the company to grown but in the end it'll be worth it."

The man turned the tape recorder off and smiled at me. "Thank you for coming out here Chase, it was a pleasure."

"The pleasure was all mine, thanks for having me." I walked out of the building, heading to the parking lot and into my car. I climbed in, sitting inside and staring at my steering wheel.

Should I got to work or go home and work from there? I did need to feed Parker. But then again, I need to make sure everything in the office was fine. But, Ryland was there, not to mention the VP as well. I also needed to make sure that everything is ready for the meeting tomorrow. I also needed to talk to my brother, Robert, if he was planning on buying a few buildings from us.

But Parker was probably hungry.

I decided that heading home and decided the important things were going to be covered from home tonight and tomorrow I would go to work and deal with the rest.

I drove home and parked the car in my driveway, turning it off and heading inside to have Parker bark and run at me. "Hey boy, you hungry?" I asked and walked to the kitchen. His food bowl was empty and I grabbed the bag of food, feeding him again and tossed him a biscuit, which bounced off paw and skidded across the floor and he clumsily ran after it.

I laughed, walking back to the couch and sat down, sighing happily before my phone rang. Why I thought it was Maddie I have no idea, but I'm pretty sure I was going to get yelled at once I tell her what happened when I answered the phone.

I sighed heavily and fished out my phone from my pocket, not even bothering to check the name, only one person calls me around this time.

"Hello beautiful, miss me?" I smiled as I answered.

"Well son, I'm not sure who you're calling beautiful since I'm old. But since you found someone, I expect you to bring her to the family dinner tomorrow night. I had a surprise for you but it's too late to tell them not to come." I sighed at the voice of my father and rubbed the bridge of my nose.

Family dinner, great. Now I have to go to work.

"Is Robert and Alexander going?" I asked.

"Are they family, Chase?"

"Yes." I sighed.

"Good job. We're having it in Alexander's house." With that, my father hung up and I rubbed my temples. Now I was forced to see people I didn't even want to see, and to top it off I had to go to work. I leaned my head back and sighed before replaying my dad's voice in my head.

"... I expect you to bring her to the family dinner tomorrow night."

My eyes snapped open and I sat up straight. "Maddie is going to meet my family."
______

Thank you guys for the amount of votes and reads the book is getting. I'm really happy people are enjoying it and adding it to their library and voting in it. Thank you guys from the bottom of my heart!

I was supposed to update this on Thursday when I came home from school but I had gotten a few surprises which caused the update to be late, but nonetheless, the chapter is here!

Give me your opinion on what you guys thought about it and if you guys would like to see one for another character.

Thanks again! xx