38: Original Draft #2

In chapter 27, as you all know, Maddie and Chase break up and therefore leads Maddie to go into a whole depressed mood in chapter 28. In the original story, Andrew threatened Maddie that he could do many things to make sure Josh would lose his Medical License (both Andrew and Samantha didn't like Maddie in the original version). This then caused Maddie to agree to move with Josh to Virginia, in order to fully leave Chase behind.

Now, knowing this, feel free to read on to see what was supposed to happen to our favorite couple.

Maddie clutched her phone tightly, hearing nothing but silence. Andrew had hung up and Maddie was left with her thoughts and Andrew's voice in her head, his words repeating over and over in her head.

"You will stay away from my son, Madeline. And if you don't, I won't hesitate to make sure your brother never works in another hospital again."

She felt her breathing quicken before she turned around and headed downstairs, her eyes scanning the living room and seeing no sign of Chase. She headed to the front door, hearing footsteps toward her as her hand touched the cold doorknob.

"Maddie, where are you going?"

Maddie bit her bottom lip, taking a deep breath. "Chase, last night was a mistake and it shouldn't have happened."

"What?" Chase stepped closer to her, taking her arm in his hand, pulling it right back when she yanked her arm away, Maddie clenched her eyes closed.

"It was a mistake, Chase. Going out for drinks and then sleeping with you, it was all just a mistake."

"Where is this coming from?" Chase asked, confused about what she was saying. "We just had breakfast, we joked around and I was going to ask you to be mine!"

She stayed quiet, hearing Chase breathing, imagining his confused and desperate face. "I'm sorry," Maddie's voice broke as she opened the door and stepped out, getting in her car and driving away.

"We have to go." Maddie said, walking in and seeing Josh on his laptop.

"What?" He asked, confused.

"I'm moving in with you so please let's go."

Josh didn't ask questions, just nodded and began packing his things as Maddie shoved her things into a suitcase. Everything else would have to be done later, all she wanted to do was leave. She jumped at the sound of her ringtone, going to the phone and seeing the 11 numbers she had seen not long ago.

"Hello?"

"Madeline, stop by the house before you leave, I want to add a few things to the conditions."

Maddie heard Andrew speak before he hung up, not letting Maddie ask questions or disagree, not like she had a choice.

"Why do we have to leave now?" Josh asked, stepping out of his room. Maddie looked at him and grabbed the car keys from the table.

"I'll explain on the way."

-

"What did you do?" Chase angrily stormed into the kitchen of his parent's house, his father looking up from his book to his son, going back to reading.

"What are you talking about, Chase?" Andrew asked, already knowing was he was talking about.

"You know what you did!" Chase yelled.

"If this is about that girl you're fooling around with I just had an innocent conversation with her." Andrew sighed, growing annoyed.

"Innocent? She just left me!" Chase ran a hand through his hair, pacing the floor as he grew desperate for answers.

"It's not a big deal, Chase. It was just fun, no?" Andrew asked, flipping the page of his book, taking a breath.

"No it wasn't fun!" Chase yelled.

"Must you yell?" Samantha walked in, Chase looking at her and rushing to her.

"Mother please, I understand you both don't like Maddie but don't you both want me happy?"

"Oh, Chase," Samantha sympathized, "of course we do, which is why we're doing this so you can see how happy you'll be with Olivia."

Chase groaned, moving away from his mother's touch as she tried to comfort him.

"Mr. Simmons, the girl is here." One of the older maids walked into the living room, Andrew nodding and closing his book.

Maddie walked in, cigarette in her mouth as she sucked in air, letting the smoke go. Josh was right behind her, looking around and frowning at the paintings in the room.

"Why do bad people have the things that I want most?" He asked. Maddie ignored him as she stopped on the other side of the glass table, glaring at Andrew and Samantha as she stood her ground.

"Can you put out that cigarette?" Andrew glared at Maddie, watching her take another drag before blowing the air out toward him.

"Madeline, I understand you and my husband came to an agreement."

"Yeah, anything to get away from him." Maddie glared at Chase, seeing him watch her with confused eyes.

"Maddie?" He whispered.

"I told you that everything was a mistake didn't I?" Maddie snapped, making Chase's eyes widen more. "I'm leaving in few days with my brother and I'm sure there's no point in telling you where since I don't want you following me there."

"Great, I expect you gone before the week ends." Andrew nodded, Samantha glaring at Josh as he looked around the room.

"Maddie, please," Chase walked over to her, Maddie glaring at him.

"What more do you want me to say? I don't want you anymore, I grew bored of you." Maddie snapped at Chase, trying to pull he hand away as he held it in his.

"Don't say that. You told me last night you loved me. This morning, you told me how happy you were and how much you loved me. You even told me you wouldn't mind staying over another night." Chase saw Maddie's glare soften as they glistened over with tears.

"Chase, please," She whispered, her voice cracking a bit.

"Maddie, I love you, stay with me."

Maddie looked away, pulling her hand back and held her tears. "I'm sorry, but I have to think of my brother."

Maddie turned, grabbing her brother's sleeve and dragging him out, Josh following close behind as they walked out of the house, Maddie letting out a broken cry before falling on her knees. Josh helped her up, letting her lay in the backseat of the car and cry as he drove away, barely missing Chase as he ran out and watched the car disappear.

I hope you all enjoyed and feel free to ask questions on what else you would like to know or if any other original draft you guys would like me to post! Thanks for reading guys and make sure to check out my new book, Tied Together! I yet to post the second chapter though...