Chapter 29

*jesse pov*

(Y/n) had been gone for about a month now. I had tried several times to distract myself from thinking about her but it would only last a couple minutes before I was back to thinking about her again. I went on at least two or three different small missions to keep busy but every time I came back to an empty apartment.
Tonight I stood out on the balcony at the end of one of the halls just gently sipping whiskey. Leaning over the railing and looking at the structures below.
(Y/n) was supposed to be back by now, I wonder why she's not.
The worst thoughts rushed through my head as I shook them away. I couldn't think like that, I couldn't let (y/n) know I was worried.
If I was being honest I was lost without her, my days put on repeat. I hadn't shaved in lord knows how long and my breath reeled of whiskey and hard liquor. Everyday was a blur  and hard to get past without seeing her face. I found myself looking through the old scrapbooks my mom had made of us. We looked so carefree and happy when we were little. Makes me regret even more when I ran away and left her alone.
I heard frantic footsteps thudding down the hallway. I turned around to see Hanzo running with a worried expression. That's weird he must be really worried cause his footsteps are usually dead silent.
"Hanzo what's wrong?" I asked
"It's (y/n), she's back"
I smiled bright.
"Well that's great news" I said while walking out to go see her.
Hanzo silently held up his arm to stop me from walking. Suddenly I red flashing lights making there way towards the building. A ship was landing and several people gathered around it to take someone out of the ship on a stretcher. Looking back at Hanzo my heart dropped to my stomach.
"No"
I sprinted down the hall leaving my glass of whiskey on the balcony. My hat flew off my head but I paid it no mind as I needed to know that she was okay. Maybe it was another member of team? It couldn't be her, oh please god don't let it be her.
Taking a sharp turn down the last hallway before making it to the medical wing I dashed through the doors. The crew had just gotten there with the person on the stretcher and started working on them.
"Sir you need to leave" said a women in scrubs as she started to push me back.
"No! I need to see who that is! Please!" I said trying to reason with the women while trying to get a good look at who is was.
Angela rushed around the corner and looked over at me. Her eyes changed from urgent to somewhat sad when she looked at me.
"Let him in" she demanded as the women backed away and rushed back to the table.
"Angela please tell me what's going on" I said before finally making my way only to find a beaten up (y/n).
(She always had bruises of some sort :0)
She had a gash on her forehead and a black eye, trailing down her clothes were a distaste and she had bloody knuckles and bruises and scraps all over.
My eyes filled with tears from her current state but I wasn't about to cry in front of everyone. What happened to her? Who did this?
Thousands of questions flooded my head as her heart rate dropped.
"We need to get her in surgery right now!" Angela demanded as the pushed the gurney into another back room.
At this point I just stood there unsure of what to do or think. I slowly sat down in a chair next to the wall and thought about everything that just went down. If only Morrison had not sent her on that mission. He knew it was a suicide mission but he still sent her. Goddamn him.
Hanzo walked into the room, his footsteps once again silent. He held my hat in his hands as he gave it to me.
"Thanks" I muttered out.
It was the least you could do.
"She's going to be okay" Hanzo said while placing a hand on my knee.
In any other circumstance I would call him gay and we would laugh it off and head to the car but this wasn't normal. We both loved the women dying in there.

*several hours later*

It was almost sunrise and I hadn't slept a wink. I sat there in that chair in the medical wing all night as they performed surgery after surgery to save (y/n)'s life. Hanzo had left to pick up some coffee for the two of you when Angela came out of the doors. She wore a gown and mask with blood covering them. My eyes immediately shot down to the blood as I felt like I was going to cry again.
She took off her gloves and mask before looking over at me.  I slowly rose from my chair.
"Jess we need to talk" she said making me worry.
"Is she going to be okay?" I didn't know if I could take the answer I was about to receive.
"Yes, we managed to stop the bleeding and she is in stable condition but whoever did that too her definitely knew what they were doing".
"Also, I'm assuming you don't know but um...(y/n)... she's pregnant"

————————————————————————
Hahah cliff hanger don't you just love me! Anyway yeah so stuff is about to get real! Did Morrison know?! You won't know until next chapter! Heheheh I'm kinda evil. Also guys I'm going to be making an undertaker x reader after I finish this because I don't have any other requests so please hit me up and ask because you shall receive! Anyway I love you guys and thank you so much for all of your support.